Am I really anonymous?

I found this article interesting https://www.goldenfrog.com/blog/myths-about-vpn-logging-and-anonymity
[Quote]
If a VPN provider kept absolutely no logs, they wouldn’t be able to:
  • Offer plans with limits on GB usage or per user basis
  • Limit VPN connections to 1, 3 or 5 on a per user basis
  • Troubleshoot your connection or offer support for server-side problems
  • Handle your DNS requests when using the VPN service. They might rely on a 3rd Party DNS provider that logs DNS requests
  • Prevent abuse, such as spammers, port scanners and DDOS to protect their VPN service and their users

[/Quote]

How does PIA handle these things? We have a policy for max of 5 requests. I don't understand how using PIA's supplied DNS server means they keep logs?

Comments

• The article is an ad for VyperVPN if you bother reading it...of course they're gonna try to talk you into buying their VPN ...PIA uses their own servers for DNS so the third party thing doesn't apply..plus they use top of the line encryption along with shared IP addresses so say they even did log you on at 8 and off at 12, there could be 200 people using that same IP address at the same time fully encrypted...good luck sorting that out..they state specifically they don't monitor peoples online activities so they have nothing to give anyone ....I say this over and over again...find me articles about people who got busted using PIA...you can't cause there are none....there'd be all kinds of uproar if there were...and believe me anyone who might be at risk of being tracked by the NSA is not gonna be on here posting worrying about it...if you're doing something horrific online, yeah someone might invest the time money and effort to try and track you down..the average user, however , needs to stop worrying IMO ...worry more about Google and Microsoft
  • And VyprVPN logs, so of course they are going to make that absurd claim.
  • Yet another attempted attack on PIA. Vypervpn? what a logging joke they are. Pathetic
  • Hey track_this,

Thanks for the post!

PIA absolutely does not keep any logs, of any kind, period. While this does make things harder in some cases, specifically dealing with outbound mail, advanced techniques to handle abuse issues, and things of that nature, this provides a high level of security and privacy to all of our users. Logs are never written to the hard-drives of any of our machines and are specifically written to the null device, which simply acts if the data never existed.

Also, please feel free to check out our Privacy Policy in full here: 

Cheers,