iOS application release [v1.1]

edited April 2016 in Software and System Updates Posts: 8
We are pleased to announce that version 1.1 of the PIA VPN app for iOS is now available on the App Store.  The update addresses some user concerns and improves overall user experience.

HIGHLIGHTS

• Introducing "Automatic" region selection, let the app pick the best region for you.
  • 3D Touch shortcuts to connect, disconnect and select a region directly from the home screen without having to open the app.
  • Account settings and credentials are now protected with Passcode/Touch ID on supported devices.
  • The "Renew" button is shown only when necessary.
  • Various bug fixes.

NOTES:

The new version introduce "Automatic" region selection for feature parity with our desktop and Android apps.  If you're unsure which region to connect to, the app picks the one with the lowest latency for you.

We want to make sure that no one else can peek into your sensitive login information within the app.  Therefore, your account password is now guarded by your Passcode / Touch ID on supported devices.

We read several reviews from users confused by the "Renew" button presence in the main screen.  It will now only appear if your account is non-recurring and close to its expiration date.

DOWNLOAD

Post edited by menopia on

Comments

Is there an Android beta version that has been released? If so I would like to try it. I've been seeing pictures on the Google Play store of a newly redesigned interface. The Google Play store says that the android application was updated on April 14th but mine never updated and I don't see any signs of any new features or improvements to the service. I'm currently running version 1.1.7 from the Google Play store, if anyone has a newer version of the android application please post a link to where I can download it.
    thanks!
  • edited April 2016 Posts: 73
    OpenVPN said:
    Is there an Android beta version that has been released? If so I would like to try it. I've been seeing pictures on the Google Play store of a newly redesigned interface. The Google Play store says that the android application was updated on April 14th but mine never updated and I don't see any signs of any new features or improvements to the service. I'm currently running version 1.1.7 from the Google Play store, if anyone has a newer version of the android application please post a link to where I can download it.
    thanks!
    This worked for me...
    https://apkpure.com/vpn-by-private-internet-access/com.privateinternetaccess.android
    Post edited by WinstonSmith on
  • edited April 2016 Posts: 13

OpenVPN said:
    thanks!
    Same, reinstall didn't change anything.
    Update: After a couple days the update got pushed to me. Looks good, thanks PIA team!
    Post edited by idontknow on