Is live chat support gone?

In the past I have generally tried live chat before opening support tickets, but today the usual live chat window in the bottom corner of is missing. I can't seem to find any other place to live chat. Is that support option gone?

Comments

• i read your post so i went to pia homepage you are right usually live chat is at the bottom right corner.They could mention something on the forum to let us know if there is no more live chat.
    Dear pizzapizza,

Thank you for reaching out and we apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced.  We have found throughout our support years that we are able to provide more comprehensive, higher quality and better support through ticketing versus live chat.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and really appreciate your business.  As always, we're available on our support desk 24/7/365 to serve you.

Thank you,
    Private Internet Access
    Sorry, i'm new; but did you just say that email in with an expected wait time of 4-6hrs/yet haven't heard back in 24 is better than live chat?
    How bad was chat?
    i've kinda scored 2 off topic emails from support, for stock issues but not to target.
    i kinda think chat could have done as well and faster?
    cross ref.: PIA.com/forum/discussion/21649/pia-work-in-safemode-w-ntw
    Is email support now faster than when chat was running?

You can't be serious.  A 4-6 hour wait for a response is faster than live chat?  I don't think so.  That's not 24/7/365 support if you ask me or anyone.  I've used your live chat when I signed up in November and I'm now waiting a few hours already with no VPN working and I guess I'll have to wait and see if I get a response tomorrow since there is no other way to get help around here.
    I have been with PIA for about 1 1/2 months. I have contacted support maybe 6 times and each time I received an answer in a very short time. It is not live chat but there response as been surprisingly fast. I did not time them but I would guess 15 to 30 minutes. I am impressed. Since joining PIA I have also test drove 4 other highly touted VPN companies. One had chat but at 6:30 PM EST it was closed. All the other I emailed questions more as a "service test" than actually needing help. The best was about 24 hrs the others were longer. I also had no connections or very slow connections. So, for me, while not perfect, PIA is a top notch service.
    Well that is great, but i'm running 1 month not working right out the gate and not heard from 'support' (if that is what you call non-existant force that is not keeping you afloat) in a month, and when i did, it wasn't applicable.
    "p6688833
    July 11 Posts: 6Flag
    You can't be serious.  A 4-6 hour wait for a response is faster than live chat?  I don't think so.  That's not 24/7/365 support if you ask me or anyone. "

Indeed.

"We have found throughout our support years that we are able to provide more comprehensive, higher quality and better support through ticketing versus live chat."

Yes, because getting questions answered at once is always inferior to waiting 4-6 hours.
    And having a conversation is always inferior to mailing back and forth - and back and forth - and back and forth - and back and forth.

Management's statement above is truly an insult to their customers intelligence.

I wasted a decent amount of time navigating all around the site trying to find the live chat.

When you take away a long time key feature AND DON'T BOTHER TO EXPLAIN ON THE HOME PAGE (nor anywhere else on the site) it shows contempt for your customers, and is truly amateur hour in terms of cs.

I will not be renewing in the future if the live chat is not brought back.

Very disappointing.

Ticket support takes as long as days to finish complicated technical issues. When you rely on a VPN to not be DDOS'd on Twitch (because that's what dumb teenagers do), you can't stream on your schedule. VPNs are often necessary for us to work or perform services. Some of the above people haven't seen a reply in weeks. This is unacceptable.
    RIP Live Chat, Gone but Not Forgotten?

I've been here roughly 1.5 years and I've used Live Chat several times. I do not think I ever waited over 8 minutes. I do not think it can get much better than that.

I will miss Live Chat very much, Please consider bringing it back.

Have a Nice Day!
    RUBE
  • Very disappointing.  I've never seen a site whose customer support didn't go down the tubes when it moved aways from chat support.
    I just bout PIA withtin the last month. just not getting to using it. I bought it because of the original chat support the first time I tried. the service. I'll be looking for something else when this runs out. I just assumed they still had live chat. I was wrong.
    Support said:
    Dear pizzapizza,

Thank you for reaching out and we apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced.  We have found throughout our support years that we are able to provide more comprehensive, higher quality and better support through ticketing versus live chat.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and really appreciate your business.  As always, we're available on our support desk 24/7/365 to serve you.

Thank you,
    Private Internet Access
    @Support, Please bring back live chat support soon. Why did you discontinue live chat??
  • I have been a user of the service for about 2 years now.   Very rarely did i need support.  Today I cancelled my monthly sub, and went to a year,   Never got an email with my user and password.  I used to get user and password questions answered in about 2 minutes flat.  Now im 2 hours in, still dont have a username or password, and they emailed me to tell me that mail to me was being returned to them.   Why then did I get the email that you sent to me.   2 of them actually.   First one was the old canned response "we opened a ticket blah blah blah"   second one stated that mails were being bounced back.  Please for the love of god bring live chat back, I just want my damn password.  

Hi sundownguy,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having issues with our support system. In regards to your emails, our billing/account emails come from a different server than our support emails. This would be why you can receive some messages, and not others.

I apologize for the amount of time this is taking. Please reach out to our customer service department if this doesn't get resolved.

Thanks,
    PIA

• to those of you complaining check your inbox every 15 minutes i live chat with mr adam who works for pia by gmail you have to keep checking your inbox every 5 minutes and its realy simple folks. just one thing reply thats it you are live chatting through email.pia has not done away with live chat,they just made it more secured
    Live chat is gone. Tech support now sucks. Very frequent logon problems. PIA is no longer a good VPN. Period.
    Personally I have had no major issues with PIA. Yes, some minor issues which I was able to research and fix myself. I do not use the PIA manager only because using OpenVPN with PIA configuration files I can shape the way I use PIA's VPN. It logs in without issue. Runs almost 100% without issue. No complaints here. Maybe I just got lucky.
  • edited June 12 Posts: 4
    "As always, we're available on our support desk 24/7/365 to serve you." that is downright BS.
    I have a few open tickets and no answer whatsoever.
    One of the issues is actually preventing me from renewing my account.
    You are doing this to yourselves @PIA.
    Post edited by p6924320 on
    Agree with all (except Omnibus_IV who is all over these forums as an apologist) that the cs has become atrocious when it exists at all, and the service is downhill in so many ways.

I just unfortunately allowed the Android app to update, and now cannot connect at all, and expect a 4 week delay before I get a canned unhelpful response.

Disaster!

My only hope is that one of the staff responding to the posts will help.
    Otherwise will have to take the loss and move on. And spread the word.

Prescient post from 11 months ago in this thread:

p2496908
    August 2016 Posts: 6

Very disappointing.  I've never seen a site whose customer support didn't go down the tubes when it moved aways from chat support.

Colleen emailed  me  yesterday.
    She is excellent - knowledgeable and thorough and polite.

I discovered the cause by accident, but it was the questions she asked that caused me to discover it.

This may help others who can't connect after the phone update -
    It was the old standby fix of uninstall/reinstall the app which solved it.

When I reinstalled, I got a popup asking if I wanted to allow PIA and that PIA was going to monitor all my internet activity.
    After updating, it had not given me that popup, despite my rebooting several times and trying other things.

So thanks to Colleen.

I hope PIA can get the cs back to what it used to be when there was Live Chat.