After latest update, app stuck at "loading"

So another update was available and as I have done many times before, I downloaded the update to apply it. In the past, I have never had an issue.

However now when I click on the icon in the menu you bar, instead of getting the normal drop down menu, it just says "Loading" (Help and Quit are also options).

I removed the app per support instructions (including the terminal command) and reinstalled the software, same result...stuck on "Loading".

Any ideas?

-kp
MacBook Pro 15 (mid 2012), El Cap 10.11.5

Comments

• I am having the same issue. 
  • Fixed by using Tunnelblick instead of the PIA client.
    Me too! Very frustrating. I submitted a help ticket. Waiting 3 hours now...
    +1
  • same with viscosity. I get a connection but it drops soon afterwards.
    I kept getting the same error. It would show as stuck on "Loading," but an IP check showed that I had the VPN service and was located where I had chosen.

However, I was then unable to disconnect, and could not even quit. I had to restart to get out of VPN at all.

My solution was to uninstall the new version, and go back to the last older version which worked. The v56 did it for me. Am back on that, and it is working well. Will stay with that until a new update is available.

I am having the same problem, but on a Win7 64 pc, newest version that will work for me is 58

Same issue here as well but on Win 7 64. Running v61 of the client.
    Same issue on Mac OSX El Capitan (10.11.6) after I installed the latest version (v61). 
    I spoke to support and they suggest downgrading to version v58, which now lets me connect to VPN again. 
    dragoat said:
    Same issue on Mac OSX El Capitan (10.11.6) after I installed the latest version (v61). 
    I spoke to support and they suggest downgrading to version v58, which now lets me connect to VPN again. 
    Same issue on OS X Yosemite.  I downgraded to v58 and was able to connect again.
  • I am still having the same issue since July and tried all versions available on the site (since first week of July).  Uninstalled, removed tapi drivers. full off laptop.  reinstall, no change.
    n
    I may have to cancel service since I haven't seen any resolution here .
  • I am currently having this problem and have been unable to use pia for the past couple months.
  • p0964916 said:
    I am still having the same issue since July and tried all versions available on the site (since first week of July).  Uninstalled, removed tapi drivers. full off laptop.  reinstall, no change.
    n
    I am in the same boat, new computer, 2 weeks and can't connect. Going back and forth through email with support.
  • edited November 18 Posts: 26
    Nightside said:
    p0964916 said:
    I am still having the same issue since July and tried all versions available on the site (since first week of July).  Uninstalled, removed tapi drivers. full off laptop.  reinstall, no change.
    n
    I am in the same boat, new computer, 2 weeks and can't connect. Going back and forth through email with support.
    I had this problem for months and worked extensively with PIA on it, experienced on everything past v68.

PIA suggested I chang my DHCP range, DNS to PIA's, IPV6 Leak Protection on or off, and TCP/IP IPV6 setting as either off or Link-Local.

PIA finally pointed me to OpenVPN, suggesting me to follow their instructions for OpenVPN.

Sad part is in a separate support debacle I was told on iOS to switch to OpenVPN too.

I turned the KillSwitch off and now I haven't had the problem since, but that's because my IP is probably being exposed all over the place.

See: https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/forum/discussion/comment/51499/#Comment_51499
    Post edited by bobclampet on