Please Update OpenVPN configuration files

It would be much appreciated if the development team would update the OpenVPN configuration files to include the following features:

1) VPN Killswitch
2) Port Forwarding
3) DNS Leak Protection
4) ipv6 Leak Protection
5) PIA MACE

Updating the configuration files gives the users who do not use the PIA Application a chance to experience these features. All users should be able to receive the same level of protection even if they don't use the application. The Development team added the advanced encryption settings to the OpenVPN configuration files so I hope it won't be difficult for them to add these features to the configuration files. There has been an ipv6 leakage issue present in the Macintosh application since the release of v62 and the issue is still present in v63. I have been assured by the development team that this issue will be fixed in the upcoming release of v64 of the PIA Application but if it is not fixed, I will be considering using Tunnelbrick in order to connect to Private Internet Access VPN from now on. Which is why I'm asking for the configuration files to to be updated to include the features listed above.

Thanks for listening!

Comments

• edited September 2016 Posts: 122
    Hi OpenVPN,

I believe that most of these would require an external application as they're not provided as a part of OpenVPN itself. As you've mentioned, this issue will be resolved in the next release, but if you do decide to use Tunnelblick I'd recommend looking through the settings and documentation to see whether it can provide any of these features to you.

With regards to DNS leak protection on OSX, if not using the PIA app I'd recommend following these instructions, and for IPv6 protection I'd recommend following these instructions. Manual port forwarding is very complex but we do provide documentation on using it in this thread (community members have also written their own third-party scripts for interacting with it).

Hopefully this points you in the right direction.
    Post edited by doaks on
    doaks said:
    Hi OpenVPN,

I believe that most of these would require an external application as they're not provided as a part of OpenVPN itself. As you've mentioned, this issue will be resolved in the next release, but if you do decide to use Tunnelblick I'd recommend looking through the settings and documentation to see whether it can provide any of these features to you.

With regards to DNS leak protection on OSX, if not using the PIA app I'd recommend following these instructions, and for IPv6 protection I'd recommend following these instructions. Manual port forwarding is very complex but we do provide documentation on using it in this thread (community members have also written their own third-party scripts for interacting with it).

Hopefully this points you in the right direction.
    @doaks, thanks for responding. I'm glad you guys were able find the problem that was causing the IPv6 leak, I've never needed to use the OpenVPN configuration files before because the private Internet access app has always worked for me until v62. Thank you for providing me with this information but I don't think I'll need since everything will be fixed when the next version of the desktop application is released. I will certainly keep those things in mind if I ever decide to use the OpenVPN configuration files to connect your service.
    I do appreciate you bringing the IPv6 leakage issue to the developers attention and look forward to this being fixed in next version.
    Thanks!
    Hi,

I didn't see a follow up about PIA mace and the openvpn configuration files? Is there an openvpn configuration file with PIA MACE enabled? Thanks.