Future Feature Requests

edited September 2016 in Software and System Updates Posts: 264
@doaks,  @asanjeev,  Private Internet Access should Implement a feature called fingerprint protection. This feature would block WebRTC leaks as well as Audio Context fingerprinting, WebGL fingerprinting, and Canvas fingerprinting. Basically all the threats inside someone's browser that could expose them. 

Adding fingerprint protection to your service would make it easier for people to stay secure without altering their browser settings or installing any third-party browser extensions that could potentially slow down their browsers speed.

1) Option Integrated Into the desktop applications that will allow the User to decide which Applications go through the VPN

2) Application firewall: When enabled, It will not allow user defined applications to send out data without the Users approval

3) Option to send encrypted VPN traffic through the TOR network for an extra layer of anonymity

4) The Ability to change what IP address you connect to while on the VPN
Post edited by OpenVPN on

Comments

Hi OpenVPN,

Thanks very much for the suggestions, I certainly appreciate your feedback! I'll make sure these are forwarded to our developers so that we can properly evaluate them.
    doaks said:
    Hi OpenVPN,

Thanks very much for the suggestions, I certainly appreciate your feedback! I'll make sure these are forwarded to our developers so that we can properly evaluate them.
    @doaks, I really enjoy using PIA and therefore believe I should do my part to help try to make the service even better with every release. Thank you for forwarding my suggests on to the delopment team. 
  • To Whom it May Concern,

I'm a big proponent of privacy, and the feature that I love and don't ever think about is the Kill Switch... But, a feature I would appreciate, is a persistent message that would appear that doesn't need user acknowledgement that a server went down or the kill switch had been activated.  I typically leave my computer on with the PIA app running in the background on my Mac, but sometimes I would notice that the IP address had changed, meaning that the initial server went down, kill switch activated and then logged back in automatically.  There's not indication of this process, but instead of a quick notification that disappears, a quick status window or maybe even in the PIA app itself a status log of what happened would be great.

Thank you.