Really? Flagged my post as SPAM?

Reason: spam

Reported by: PiaVipper

WTF: I sign up for the forum, try to help some people out, and my shit is flagged as SPAM? Entries i took the time to write, edit and submit, flagged as SPAM. Assholes.

Comments

• These forums have endured a long-standing spam problem. Consider you have a low post count and one of your posts links to a competitor VPN (albeit a helpful guide), it's an easy mistake to make.

Hi AlienFrost,

Sorry about this – as Osborne says we do get a fair amount of spam incoming so distinguishing it can sometimes be difficult.

Could you please send me a DM (click on my name, then click Message) with some more details about which post was affected, and exactly what happened to it? I can definitely look into it, and if it's an issue on our side get it resolved.
    Was the post taken down, or just misflagged? Do you still have the link to the post from the email notification so I can check the moderation logs?
  • Max-P said:
    Was the post taken down, or just misflagged? Do you still have the link to the post from the email notification so I can check the moderation logs?
    Discussion:Discussion:
    https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/forum/discussion/comment/44695/#Comment_44695

https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/forum/discussion/comment/44683/#Comment_44683

Ok, I just checked and it is indeed the two posts + accounts I have banned three days ago.

Are you sure those were two of your posts, and not just the general "a post has been flagged" notification?

Because if it is, then you posted two messages to the same thread using two separate accounts. One of those messages I clearly remember was DEFINITELY spam, and the other one I had to think twice but ultimately deemed it was nothing more than a plug to a competitor and pulled the ban hammer on it as well. That person took the time to make a separate account for each and made sure to use a different IP for them , whichalso adds to my point that they knew very well were spam and would be deleted sooner or later. At minimum that's highly suspicious behavior.

If that's indeed you, I'm sorry you feel like you've lost valuable time creating those dummy accounts and editing those 3 lines worth of shameless advertising. I'm human, I occasionally make mistakes and will gladly admit so. However on this one I stand by my decision. These posts definitely did not have any effort put into them, even for spam posts.