Cannot Contact a Domain Controller

Hi everyone, I've been a happy PIA customer for quite a while using the proxy service.  I recently installed the Windows client and have been running into a consistent issue.  I'm running on Windows 8.1 and have the kill switch enabled.  Everything works fine for about a day, and then I lose access to my local domain.  If I try to access a shared folder on my LAN, I get the warning "the system cannot contact a domain controller to service the authentication request" and I am forced to reboot.  I can still access the internet just fine through the VPN even after the problem presents itself.  If I reboot, everything works fine again until the next evening.  Any ideas what might be causing this issue?

Thanks!

Comments

• edited December 2016 Posts: 106
    Win10 64 bit
    Have this problem also?
    WIN10 has always been buggy though so never sure who's to blame?
    Hi everyone, I've been a happy PIA customer for quite a while using the proxy service.  I recently installed the Windows client and have been running into a consistent issue.  I'm running on Windows 8.1 and have the kill switch enabled.  Everything works fine for about a day, and then I lose access to my local domain.  If I try to access a shared folder on my LAN, I get the warning "the system cannot contact a domain controller to service the authentication request" and I am forced to reboot.  I can still access the internet just fine through the VPN even after the problem presents itself.  If I reboot, everything works fine again until the next evening.  Any ideas what might be causing this issue?

Thanks!

Post edited by Harry2 on
    Has anyone found a fix for this?  I'm having the same issue.