PIA with LibreELEC running on a Raspberry Pi?

Is there any way to set up PIA with LibreELEC running on a Raspberry Pi? Using an add-on maybe?

Comments

• edited May 15 Posts: 2
    There is a step-by-step guide here: https://seo-michael.co.uk/vpn-manager-for-openvpn-openelec-kodi/

I have successfully connected with PIA on RPI3 LibreElec 8.0.1 / Kodi 17.1 with this add-on.
    Post edited by huggorm on
  • edited September 4 Posts: 1
    huggorm said:
    There is a step-by-step guide here
    LibreElec on MXQ S805 Kodi player

Thanks huggorm, that was useful, although my experience drove me slightly insane.
    I successfully installed the addon, but setup was a nightmare.  After adding my credentials and choosing to setup 'First VPN connection...', a popup informed me I needed to inset my username/password, which sent me back to the initial setup. I hit OK, and nothing happened.  I went back in and chose to change my username/password, although I only hit Enter to each, and hit OK. This 'kicked something into life', and I received the list of locations.  I selected one, successfully connected, and then selected my second.
    My understanding is that you can select 'Cycle through primary VPN connections', but I kept getting messages saying there were no valid VPNs setup.  I went back into Display VPN status and my two connections had gone.  I then went through the process above, but it really wasn't consistent.  I have no idea what triggers getting the list of locations, but somehow I managed to setup and Primary and Second connection again.  It looks like it has saved them properly, but every time I select 'Cycle through primary VPN connections', I keep getting a message saying there are no valid VPNs setup.
    If I go into Change or disconnect VPN connection, I can select a location, and successfully connect, but it appears to disconnect as soon as I hit OK to the success prompt.
    Despite all these problems, when I start Kodi (so far), it looks like the VPN automatically connects, and I can check its status in VPN Manager.(I dare not start choosing anything else, as it may delete everything again)

Post edited by chrizk on