Setting up VPN on TP-Link router.

Hi everyone.

Hope y'all doing good today. :)

I have PIA which is installed on my Windows PC and it works fine.

However. I'd like to have my Smart TV hidden behind a VPN.

I use a TP-Link Archer C2 for my router and all my devices connect directly to the router. I was wondering if it's possible to setup a VPN on the router so that my Smart TV which is using the Routers wireless connection is protected with a VPN. I don't think I can install PIA on my TV.. can I? It's a Hisense H49M3000.

I'd really appreciate some guidance from you experts. If you could possibly spare a moment of your valuable time to assist I would be really grateful.

However, I must warn you that I have very little experience with VPN's on routers and would need a patient person to help me.

Many thanks in advance.

Andrew :) 

Comments

Oh well. I assume no one knows. I'll ask elsewhere. Thanks for reading anyway... if you did.
    Hey @p8697282

Thanks for reaching out today!

As long as you are using our supported firmware, almost any router should work. 

In all likelihood, you will need to install ("flash") such custom router firmware onto your router. However, router flashing falls outside our support scope, and doing so would be at your own discretion and liability.

If your current router is not compatible with the above firmware, another option is to purchase a router that is pre-configured to use our service. There is one company that produces these devices: FlashRouters. More info about these routers can be found here

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns :) 
    Hey there. :)

Thanks so much for your reply.

I had a look on the page you gave me the link for but unfortunately it doesn't look like my TP-Link Archer C2 v3 router will not work with your firmware.

Nevermind. I think I'm going to get a new router in the near future. I don't really want to mess around with custom software as I've no idea what I'm doing really. I'll be better off just getting a router that does everything I need out of the box. Or a router pre programed with your software as you say.

Thanks again. :)
    Since you confess "I have little experience with VPN's", I would suggest you do youself a favour and buy one of these:

https://www.gl-inet.com/ar300m/

Even a total idiot (ie. most of the "me, me, me" posters on here) could set it up in under 5 minutes. Hell, even I set it up in 2 minutes flat!

Hi PiaVipper. :)

Sorry for my late response. I have email notifications enabled for when someone replies to my thread but for some reason I'm not getting any.

Thank you for your post. That GL-AR300M Shadow looks pretty cool. But unfortunately a mini router wouldn't be adequate for all my needs.

I have since purchased a Netgear nighthawk which I am extremely happy with. :)