Did PIA go throught staff turnover recently?

I couldn't help but notice a lot of staff accounts have recently been banned, and I'm curious as to why this is. Did PIA (or their parent company London Trust Media) get bought out by another company? Did a lot of employees suddenly quit? Did you guys restructure? Is there problems in the office? My curiosity is getting the best of me. Although I have a feeling this post won't be responded too, I figure it wouldn't hurt to at least try and ask. So if anyone from the PIA offices could give an explanation as to what exactly is going on, that would be great. Thank you.

Comments

• edited May 4 Posts: 173
    Judging from the way their quality of customer service has declined maybe a lot got fired :)

Those staff accounts banned may have been old employees that have left the company over the years and banning the accounts keeps someone else from creating an account with the same name and impersonating PIA staff as one person who used to be here tried to do in the past.

Could be anything, who knows. PIA is the worlds worse in communicating information to its users, on the other hand its strictly a business matter too to discharge or change staff so its none of our business really as long as they keep supplying the product from the company it was originally purchased from (PIA, AKA London Trust Media). But yeah, I understand your curiosity.

PIA and London Trust media are the same thing, not separate entities. London Trust Media is not the parent company, London Trust Media is PIA. London Trust Media is just doing business as (DBA) Private Internet Access (PIA), its the same company.
    Post edited by bgxsec on
  • bgxsec said:
    Judging from the way their quality of customer service has declined maybe a lot got fired :)

Those staff accounts banned may have been old employees that have left the company over the years and banning the accounts keeps someone else from creating an account with the same name and impersonating PIA staff as one person who used to be here tried to do in the past.

Could be anything, who knows. PIA is the worlds worse in communicating information to its users, on the other hand its strictly a business matter too to discharge employees so its none of our business.

PIA and London Trust media are the same thing, not separate entities. London Trust Media is not the parent company, London Trust Media is PIA. London Trust Media is just doing business as (DBA) Private Internet Access (PIA), its the same company.
    Yeah, I was thinking of that. Because some of the banned staff accounts had responded to queries less than one week ago, it would make sense that a lot got fired. So that makes me wonder why they are cleaning house. Maybe Andrew Lee is planning to take the money and run. ;)

Anyhow, I canceled my subscription last week. Later on, I'm going to try a month of Perfect Privacy and see how that works. If everything goes well, they will be my new company. So far, they have excellent staff. They are very active in the forums.
  • edited May 4 Posts: 173
    Yeah, my subscription is out in about a month and i'll just go with AirVPN all the way then. Right now I use both, and the quality of response from AirVPn support so far has been vastly superior to that of PIA's so i'll just go with them in about a month when my PIA subscription ends. I've already advised friends and clients who use PIA to go with other VPN services and all of them have either already switched or will switch as soon as their PIA subscriptions end over the next two months.
    Post edited by bgxsec on
  • bgxsec said:
    Yeah, my subscription is out in about a month and i'll just go with AirVPN all the way then. Right now I use both, and the quality of response from AirVPn support so far has been vastly superior to that of PIA's so i'll just go with them in about a month when my PIA subscription ends. I've already advised friends and clients who use PIA to go with other VPN services and all of them have either already switched or will switch as soon as their PIA subscriptions end over the next two months.
    Good to hear. AirVPN ranks #2 on Best BPN's "no logging" list. They definitely seem like a company you can trust. I'm sure you will have nothing but good experiences with them. :)
    Hi Buzzed_Lightyear,

Well spotted. We recently made some major changes to our support department in response to customer feedback and to improve quality.

You can find more information at https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/forum/discussion/23862/private-internet-access-customer-service-department-expands
    It is called SPAM. Just click the FLAG on the right and report it as spam,
    Kerala taxi? That made my day.  

SPAM should be reported. 
  • You should bring back the Live Chat PIA and seriously invest in more staff for support as you have a growing user base.