Port forward with router based PIA

edited May 14 in P2P Support Posts: 17
I've been reading endless threads and I am still can't quite find the information I need.

I am prepared to accept that the eventual answer to this is that it's too complicated for anyone to explain to me as I have very limited understanding of scripting, but if anyone is prepared to help a noob through this I would be eternally grateful.

I have set up PIA using OpenVPN on an ASUS RT-AC68U with Merlin asuswrt firmware.

I want to be able to forward a port for Qbittorrent. As I understand it, I need the router to prompt PIA for the open port. I then need to find out what port that is, and then enter it manually into Qbittorrent. If I can automate that, great, but I am happy to manually enter it after a reconnect.

I found a script someone had created for the same task using Transmission (installed on the router it seems) so I am guessing that it could be used to do the job I need with some tweaking. (This thread: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/port-forward-with-pia-vpn-service.15170/ ) There are also lots of things alluded to in this thread:https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/forum/discussion/3359/port-forwarding-without-application-pia-script-advanced-users but no explicit instructions that will help me through this.

Can anyone help at all? If so, tell me what you need to know from me.

Many thanks in advance.
Post edited by be4con on

Comments

Can anyone help at all?

Thanks
    Not sure I will be able to help but, more of an FYI...  I just setup PIA a few days ago on my router using DD-WRT.  I forwarded a port for uTorrent as you would normally do, if you didn't have a VPN, and it worked fine.  I'm fully connectable.  So I didn't need to do anything special to forward a port to my uTorrent server.  And the VPN does seem to be working as I've went though all the testing PIA has on their site as well as some testing on 3rd party sites.  My DNS is leaking but I will tackle that another time.

Sorry you're not getting a response.  I hope you do because I posted some questions in a thread as well, and opened up a ticket, for some questions I have.  I heard PIA's support was good but I'm starting to wonder since I'm not getting a response to my questions either.

Good luck!