Telling me I have incorrect username and password and won't connect!

I just bought this and am not off to a good start... I have Mac OS 10.8.5 running.  I installed PIA.  Got an email with a username beginning with a "p" and a password beginning with "pa".  Went right to the Client Control Panel and changed just the PASSWORD to something I would remember.  "Signed in".  Tried to connect to PIA.  Nope - "your username or password is incorrect".    Tried to uninstall PIA with the idea that I would reinstall the program.  Used "secure erase" on PIA and "shredded" it on Clean My Mac.  But guess what?  It did not uninstall!  OK, so fine.  I tried to log into this discussion panel with the "p" username and my new password.  Although I could still "sign in", now I am being told that my credentials are incorrect again, just trying to get on the forum!   Arrrgghh.   So now  I changed my username from the "p" one to something else, and kept my new password.  So I have changed both the username and password.   OK - so now I can get on the discussion board, thank god, but I still cannot connect to PIA!!!
What?????????

Comments

Hi there!

I'm sorry you're having issues with your username and password. Keep in mind the forum credentials and the PIA credentials are completely separate. You need to create a new user to post on the forum, which you just did with your user "grrrldoc" now.

Your PIA account has a "p and numbers" username and your username can't be changed, just your password. If you can't connect with the PIA client, you should be able to reset your password on our "Reset your password" page to get a new password to connect with the client:

https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/pages/reset-password

Hope this information is helpful!
    Well I tried that,  I put in my original "p..." password and changed my password and used the new one.  And, no I STILL CANNOT CONNECT!

This is so frustrating. I am one step away from cancelling this membership and I really don't want to do that, but....
    I have a grayed-out icon and every time I try and connect I am getting the same nonsense that my username and password are incorrect and please check my credentials...
    Thank you for responding, I haven't heard a peep from the help line/desk so far.

I am open to other suggestions, but if I don't get some resolution soon I think I am cancelling the whole thing.
    grrrldoc said:
    Well I tried that,  I put in my original "p..." password and changed my password and used the new one.  And, no I STILL CANNOT CONNECT!

This is so frustrating. I am one step away from cancelling this membership and I really don't want to do that, but....
    I have a grayed-out icon and every time I try and connect I am getting the same nonsense that my username and password are incorrect and please check my credentials...
    Thank you for responding, I haven't heard a peep from the help line/desk so far.

I am open to other suggestions, but if I don't get some resolution soon I think I am cancelling the whole thing.
    Same problem here, but only one one of two windows PCs. Tried reinstalling after uninstall, no go. I used the same username/password
    that works on the other PC.
    Any thoughts?
    same problem on my Imac desktop running 10.9.5.  I've reset my password, but your software still thinks I'm using the wrong password.  Problem just started today.  very frustrating.