PIA's warrant canary?

So today I went to the main webpage as I've done for years, but something stood out this time. Take a look. Do you see the large profile of a face hiding in the trees? Is this a way for PIA to say they're being pressured to provide surveillance? I know it's not a warrant canary per se, but it does give one ponder. Link below

http://imgur.com/ZYv42Ot

«1

Comments

  • Posts: 471
    LOL that is a Stock Photo from one of the stock photo sites. But, it might be the same guy in the trees at Dealey Plaza.
  • Posts: 5
    LOL that is a Stock Photo from one of the stock photo sites. But, it might be the same guy in the trees at Dealey Plaza.
    Most likely. I'd think that PIA might be a bit more selective in their stock photo use. I've been with PIA for some years, but for some reason it just popped out at me today. I wonder how the main page use to look? Frankly I think they need an overhaul.
  • Posts: 471
    Try the Internet Wayback Machine. They store older version of web pages. Actually it is very interesting.
  • Posts: 15
    Omnibus_IV said:
    Try the Internet Wayback Machine. They store older version of web pages. Actually it is very interesting.
    Wayback Machine doesn't work for me, I get: This URL has been excluded from the Wayback Machine.
  • Posts: 308
    zojdudesu said:
    Take a look. Do you see the large profile of a face hiding in the trees?


    Two of whatever you're on, please! (no, I don't see it/him!)
  • Posts: 5
    PiaVipper said:
    zojdudesu said:
    Take a look. Do you see the large profile of a face hiding in the trees?


    Two of whatever you're on, please! (no, I don't see it/him!)
    it's only a face. looking straight on and cocked to the right as you look at it. I outlined it somewhat so you can compare. For what it's worth.

    http://imgur.com/y391aAX
  • Posts: 308
    Aha, I see it now! You have a very vivid imagination.
  • Posts: 5
    PiaVipper said:
    Aha, I see it now! You have a very vivid imagination.
    What's also interesting about that photo is the point of focus. The eye is drawn naturally to the smiling girl in the foreground (and the Join Now button as the page developer must know), leading your mind's eye to the background. It's really not about having a vivid imagination, just having awareness to one's surroundings. Something I taught myself through reading and practice. Appreciate the comment none-the-less, PiaVipper.

    I did try to go and find an archived webpage, but as Gilby101 pointed out, it doesn't work for this site. 

    On a side note, it'd be nice if PIA did use Warrant Canary.

    http://www.zdnet.com/article/warrant-canary/

  • Posts: 35
    zojdudesu said:
    So today I went to the main webpage as I've done for years, but something stood out this time. Take a look. Do you see the large profile of a face hiding in the trees? Is this a way for PIA to say they're being pressured to provide surveillance? I know it's not a warrant canary per se, but it does give one ponder.
    To be honest, me and many other people in the so called "Third World" countries(incl. also Russia/China) totally do not care about USA mythic surveillance. Let it be. It is not like we are drug traders or ISIS members or something like that. PIA protect us from online thieves and local authorities - and does it well(for nice price). So why we should even care...
  • Posts: 5
    zojdudesu said:
    So today I went to the main webpage as I've done for years, but something stood out this time. Take a look. Do you see the large profile of a face hiding in the trees? Is this a way for PIA to say they're being pressured to provide surveillance? I know it's not a warrant canary per se, but it does give one ponder.
    To be honest, me and many other people in the so called "Third World" countries(incl. also Russia/China) totally do not care about USA mythic surveillance. Let it be. It is not like we are drug traders or ISIS members or something like that. PIA protect us from online thieves and local authorities - and does it well(for nice price). So why we should even care...
    Oh don't worry. As the leviathan (government, authority over reach, etc) grows, there will be some 'law' that your (I say your to generalize) bound to break. So why not just give them the keys (cryptologic, etc.) to one's own cell? I think Snowden said it best with, "Saying you don't care about surveillance because you don't have anything to hide is like saying you don't care about freedom of speech because you have nothing to say."
  • With the help of images people have always expressed their thoughts. Hidden ones as well. It is possible that you are right.
  • Posts: 42
    zojdudesu said:
    PiaVipper said:
    Aha, I see it now! You have a very vivid imagination.
    What's also interesting about that photo is the point of focus. The eye is drawn naturally to the smiling girl in the foreground (and the Join Now button as the page developer must know), leading your mind's eye to the background. It's really not about having a vivid imagination, just having awareness to one's surroundings. Something I taught myself through reading and practice. Appreciate the comment none-the-less, PiaVipper.

    I did try to go and find an archived webpage, but as Gilby101 pointed out, it doesn't work for this site. 

    On a side note, it'd be nice if PIA did use Warrant Canary.

    http://www.zdnet.com/article/warrant-canary/

    https://helpdesk.privateinternetaccess.com/hc/en-us/articles/229347907-Do-You-Have-A-Warrant-Canary-

    We don't use a warrant canary because we don't need a warrant canary. I know it seems odd, but we believe that prevention is better than a cure.

    As far as I'm aware, we are the only VPN provider who can prove their no logging policy through the use of legal documents (court records).
  • edited August 31 Posts: 62
    Overall, a warrant canary is useless. There was a user here who was a lawyer, he made a post answering a question about warrant canary's and I remember reading it. He had experience with defending use of warrant canary's in court, which it turned out has been a subject in court many times over the last few years. Although there has been a lot of debate as to their usefulness and 'internet' people swore by them most of it turned out to be a "feel good" exercise, it never had any legal basis for support and in the end they have been proven useless in court because they are never upheld. I don't think there has been one court case yet that upheld warrant canaries.This is because the intention of a warrant canary is to warn users/public of the existence of a subpoena passively by not updating or removing the warrant canary but the very concept of indicating by any method, even passively, can be considered a violation of an order to not notify (gag order, NSL, FISA court order). Even the EFF no longer really seeks cases (although they will take a good one if its dropped in their lap but have never won one) to try to defend them although they believe them to be legal (which has never been upheld in court). Although there's no law in effect to prevent warrant canaries from being used it doesn't mean their use would be legal, however, the actual legality of their use hasn't been tested in court so far. Most large companies that were using them (for example, Apple) no longer do because of the shaky and foundation'less legal ground upon which it places them to defend such use. The majority of lawyers and legal scholars believe their use would violate a gag order, NSL, or FISA court order and most lawyers will not even touch a case where warrant canary's are involved.

    PIA took the best route, prevention, which is to simply not log anything. If its not logged then it can't be supplied. This is a lot better than a warrant canary because it solves the issue before it happens in such a manner to render it moot and ineffective. A pound of prevention is a whole lot better than a pound of cure in this case.  

    I can't find the post he made about warrant canary's right now, can't find any of the posts he made.
    Post edited by jbis on
  • Posts: 260
    zojdudesu said:
    So today I went to the main webpage as I've done for years, but something stood out this time. Take a look. Do you see the large profile of a face hiding in the trees? Is this a way for PIA to say they're being pressured to provide surveillance? I know it's not a warrant canary per se, but it does give one ponder. Link below

    http://imgur.com/ZYv42Ot

     
    https://helpdesk.privateinternetaccess.com/hc/en-us/articles/229347907-Do-You-Have-A-Warrant-Canary-
  • Posts: 600
    jbis said:

    I can't find the post he made about warrant canary's right now, can't find any of the posts he made.
    You can't find him or any of his posts here anymore because he left here under a black cloud and requested all his posts be deleted. I believe his username was lyrri. Given the nature of his personality disorders and his outrageous lies some of us had serious doubts that he was a practicing lawyer. I wouldn't put any stock in anything you may have remembered he said.

    As to to remainder of what you indicated re warrant canaries you're correct that they've not been tested or even challenged in court. That however doesn't make the use of them illegal. It just means they haven't been tested yet by any business that cares enough about their customers who's willing to step up to the plate and risk doing so (should it ever come down to it).
  • Posts: 600
    PIAJayson said:

    We don't use a warrant canary because we don't need a warrant canary. I know it seems odd, but we believe that prevention is better than a cure.

    As far as I'm aware, we are the only VPN provider who can prove their no logging policy through the use of legal documents (court records).
    Yes, prevention is better than a cure. However, you cannot prevent a FISA warrant, and you cannot prevent the FBI or other govt snoopers from ordering you to commence logging.

    Jayson, please respond to what I've already posted on this subject and show me where I'm wrong in my logic.
  • edited October 17 Posts: 62
    tomeworm said:
    jbis said:

    I can't find the post he made about warrant canary's right now, can't find any of the posts he made.
    You can't find him or any of his posts here anymore because he left here under a black cloud and requested all his posts be deleted. I believe his username was lyrri. Given the nature of his personality disorders and his outrageous lies some of us had serious doubts that he was a practicing lawyer. I wouldn't put any stock in anything you may have remembered he said.


    hmm, that's not it

    He is a real practicing lawyer. His firm handled a case for me and he beat the crap out of the opposing side, he is vicious in court. He has handled cases for others that were forum members here and at other VPN services. He is part of the legal counsel team for a few other VPN services and has advised the EFF from time to time on matters. Depending on the case, he would represent any VPN service customer in a case for either free or at half normal rate but he has stopped doing that now although there are a few he still does it for. 

    I asked him about why he left PIA and had his posts and account removed. He does not have any "personality disorders".

    It was because of people in the forum falsely claiming he did some pretty disgusting things. Through a series of communications with one of the people making such false claims against him a deranged PIA user was able to find him and show up at his home with weapons prepared to murder him and his family over imagined injustices in general perpetrated by those false and slanderous comments by people in the forum. He showed me the police reports and the deranged persons arrest report for the incident and a copy of the deranged person confession as to what he did, intended to do, and how he found out his home address.

    PIA helped facilitate the incident by not putting a stop to the posts after knowing he had received death threats as a result of the false accusations from those forum members. One of the death threats he received was from the deranged PIA forum member that showed up at his home to murder him and his family. 

    He had become friendly with a person on the forums over time and had at one point in the past had given his address for the person to use to visit as they were both in the same general area. It was this person who became part of the group making the deliberately false statements that the deranged person contacted and got his home address from.

    There are some really unbalanced people here at PIA.


    Post edited by jbis on
  • Posts: 600
    jbis said:

    There are some really unbalanced people here at PIA.


    This much we do agree on.

    However, if the attorney you're referring to is the same one I'm referring to (and I think it is) then we're miles apart in our assessment of him. The man I'm referring to is a pathological liar, was called out many times for his lies, was called out many times for fabricating evidence (so he's more than capable of fabricating a "police report'), concocted outrageous and fanciful stories of "death threats" due to PPD (Paranoid Personality Disorder), and not one single time would back down.
  • Posts: 600
    Correction on the spelling of his username -- It's lyrrie.
  • Posts: 308
    tomeworm said:
     The man I'm referring to is a pathological liar, was called out many times for his lies, was called out many times for fabricating evidence (so he's more than capable of fabricating a "police report'), concocted outrageous and fanciful stories

    Sounds like a typical attorney to me! Maybe he could run for president!
  • edited October 17 Posts: 62
    tomeworm said:
    jbis said:

    There are some really unbalanced people here at PIA.


    This much we do agree on.

    However, if the attorney you're referring to is the same one I'm referring to (and I think it is) then we're miles apart in our assessment of him. The man I'm referring to is a pathological liar, was called out many times for his lies, was called out many times for fabricating evidence (so he's more than capable of fabricating a "police report'), concocted outrageous and fanciful stories of "death threats" due to PPD (Paranoid Personality Disorder), and not one single time would back down.
    I'm not sure which person you are referring to, but the one that was the user 'lyrrie' here is the one I am referring to. From my dealings with him, and that of other users here from which I got referred to him and for which he has handled various court cases, he is nothing like you describe. There was no fabricated police report, he took me to the court clerks office after the win in court for me and they produced a copy of the official court documents for the case of the deranged person and I read it for my self right there and it is exactly as he said it was.

    You are right about one thing, he does not back down - he can't be intimidated or bullied and doesn't fear anything. He is vicious in court. He is not one to sit around and do nothing, and probably the most organized person I've ever seen and is a stickler for being literally truthful. He writes in terms of literal truths, which confuses some people on internet forums, so that may be why you think that but I can pretty much tell you its not correct judging from the forum writings screen shots i've seen and knowing the guy.  Basically, He retired from a 23 year military career, 10 years of which he was a Navy seal then had finished his law degree while in service and went to the Jag corp. After military retirement went to work for Google which recruited him and worked for a while in their legal section, then started his own law firm which was later bought out by a bigger firm in which he is now a partner.

    So i'm not sure of who you are talking about but you are not describing the 'lyrrie' that was a user here that I know, at least not for what he truly is in person. People on the internet are often misjudged based upon their forum posts because they may be writing from a perspective that is completely foreign to the understandings of others, he writes in internet forums from the perspective of literal truth so that may be why you think that about him because its often misunderstood on internet forums as most internet forum people already have preconceived ideas and thoughts they view things from which most times does not include literal truth.

    Did he jack around with some people here at these forums in jest and they got spun up and mad about it and did not recognize when they were being jacked around with? Yep, from what I can tell. He does have a pretty high level wicked sense of humor. But given that he has seen a lot of horrible things while he was a Navy seal and was wounded twice I can see where that wicked sense of humor and his discipline comes from. I guess that type of experience does sort of color ones sense of humor and their perspective which may be why he is so literally truthful in his writings and life because he has actually seen the literal truth of life.

    Not sure how you came up with a medical diagnosis of "personality disorder" or the 'pathological liar' thing, but I did not see anything like that and none of the other users that refereed me saw anything like that. Everything he told me was backed up in some way, from a copy of his employment contract and NDA he had with Google, to his military career, to the medals and citations for bravery and being wounded, to his law degree, to his being partner in the firm, to his family, to the police reports I mentioned. I had asked him about these things knowing a little about him leaving the forums here and a little of what he had posted here about himself from some of the other referring users and he was happy to supply verification of everything I asked about and I found him to be very forthcoming and sincerely honest. It takes a little to get used to him, that's true, but family man, generous, kind, disciplined, active in community, respected and liked by peers, knows his stuff, successful, impeccable grooming and dress, attention to detail, and well rounded and experienced does not come from or show 'personality disorders', and all these things plus his verification's and his personal interaction along with his strictness for literal truth certainly are not traits of a 'pathological liar'.

    When you first meet him in real life the first thing you think is "this guy looks scary and a bad ass" and he does look like that and is. This is a guy who has been in combat, a trained Navy seal, been wounded twice, been in fire fights and hand to hand combat with enemy combatants and they are no longer around but he is - that's not luck and is real life true scary bad ass. I'll just say that the false disgusting crap people posted about him here on the forums if they were said to his face in real life personally by those people their health status, to put it nicely, may have likely been seriously impacted.
    Post edited by jbis on
  • Posts: 600
    You're quite an apologist for lyrrie in much the same way that lyrrie was always an apologist for lyrrie. It was always hard for him to keep those multiple personalities sorted out.

    Yup, that sounds just like lyrrie, or rather your claims sound just like lyrrie. On top of all lyrrie's other amazing accomplishments now he's a Navy Seal too!

    You forgot to mention his career as a NASA Astronaut. Or haven't the two of you discussed that yet?
  • edited October 17 Posts: 62
    i'm not apologizing for him, you bought it up and just describing my real life interactions and observations describing him the same as you were able to put forth your self-conceived internet forum 'medical diagnosis' opinion in describing him. There is a real world outside of the internet. There are so many different things people say about others on internet forums, its just refreshing to meet the people sometimes in real life and find out they are nothing like they are portrayed by others in internet forums. So just putting forth my personal real life interaction experience with the guy and not some self-conceived internet forum 'medical diagnosis' like you did. You gave your self-conceived internet forum 'medical diagnosis' opinion like it was fact, I saw him in real life fact and he is nothing like you claimed. I'm sorry if this somehow offended or upset you, it seems to have done so, but i'm not going to argue with you and If you did not want a counter point from real life experience to be presented than you should not have posted what you did in an internet discussion forum.

    Post edited by jbis on
  • edited October 17 Posts: 600
    I brought it up? No, it was you who brought up lyrrie, totally out of context and completely irrelevant to this thread. You did so specifically on August 29 (and then you edited your comment 2 days later, something which lyrrie also did quite often). Everyone else here including me was happy and content to have forgotten the odious lyrrie. You are the first in more than a year to mention anything about lyrrie. The rest of us were dancing in the streets to see him go and thrilled that the mods had the good sense to delete every single one of his 4000+ mentally deranged comments. Good riddance!

    Then out of the blue you pop up serving as his apologist. So strange that you sing the praises of a man that, as you have described him, should be quite famous. Yet you won't even mention his name. And why is that? No doubt this is another case of "stolen honor." With a name it would take me a matter of minutes to determine if lyrrie was a Navy Seal or if he is just another one of the many thousands of Navy Seal wannabees. Considering the even far more grotesque acts that lyrrie has been involved in it comes as no surprise that he would add "Navy Seal" to his bogus vitae curriculum.

    You're right about one thing: people in real life may choose to portray themselves quite differently than they may choose to do on the internet. On the internet it's so much easier to get away with fabricating grandiose stories about oneself.
    Post edited by tomeworm on
  • edited October 19 Posts: 62

    tomeworm said:
    I brought it up? No, it was you who brought up lyrrie, totally out of context and completely irrelevant to this thread. You did so specifically on August 29 (and then you edited your comment 2 days later, something which lyrrie also did quite often). Everyone else here including me was happy and content to have forgotten the odious lyrrie. You are the first in more than a year to mention anything about lyrrie. The rest of us were dancing in the streets to see him go and thrilled that the mods had the good sense to delete every single one of his 4000+ mentally deranged comments. Good riddance!

    Then out of the blue you pop up serving as his apologist. So strange that you sing the praises of a man that, as you have described him, should be quite famous. Yet you won't even mention his name. And why is that? No doubt this is another case of "stolen honor." With a name it would take me a matter of minutes to determine if lyrrie was a Navy Seal or if he is just another one of the many thousands of Navy Seal wannabees. Considering the even far more grotesque acts that lyrrie has been involved in it comes as no surprise that he would add "Navy Seal" to his bogus vitae curriculum.

    You're right about one thing: people in real life may choose to portray themselves quite differently than they may choose to do on the internet. On the internet it's so much easier to get away with fabricating grandiose stories about oneself.

    i would have never gone on to mention him in reference to your posts and the self-conceived imaginary 'medical diagnosis' you put forth as if its fact but isn't if you had not bought it up. All I did, in the August 29 post, was reference that the posts he had made at one point about warrant canary's where he explained it well and simply, you bought up the rest.

    Now you want me to give you his name. You don't even know his name, so how can you possibly accuse him of the vile things you do now and did in the past? You accuse him of sex trafficking children, yet you do not even know his real name. You accuse him of having "personality disorders" and being a "pathological liar" yet you do not know his real name and those are medical diagnosis items and sitting there in your under ware living in your moms house, unsuccessful at life, its a pretty safe bet you are not a qualified medical health professional and are not qualified to give such medical diagnosis.

    After seeing the information 'lyrrie' provided, and some further investigation, coupled with screen shots of past relevant posts and PM's captured from a previous incarnation of these forums while those false accusations were being hurled at 'lyrrie' and information provided by a person working for the VPN company, as part of the arrangement for 'lyrrie' not to sue the crap out of them for facilitating your false accusations and the harm it caused (which is not covered by safe-harbor) after providing the proof of such;  These false accusations were started by an ex-PIA forum user named "OmniNegro" as a means to insult 'lyrrie' to make him feel uncomfortable on the forum and to run him off possibly due to a misunderstanding. "OmniNegro" admitted those accusations were false, he started them and you picking them up and continued. "OmniNegro" has been contacted again since that time and he further confirms those accusations were false and made up and he never knew 'lyrrie's' real name.

    Here is a post screen shot from the past in which you claim you had all this information and a witness and would turn it over to the FBI:



    In that post screen shot "OmniNegro" clearly says that 'lyrrie' had never identified him self. You don't know his real name either, or you would not be asking me for it. OmniNegro has admitted and confirmed the accusations were false and made up. If you do not know his real name there is no way the accusations can be true because you would not know the name of a person to identify to, as you claim in that screen shot, take your fake "evidence" to the FBI. Oh and what witness? If you had real evidence and a witness then why have you not taken it to the FBI as you crowed about, why have you allowed those children to suffer more if the false accusations and "evidence" and "witness" were real and true? Maybe its because you would enjoy having people suffer, but the real reason is because the accusations are false. Your claimed "witness" is "OnmiNegro" the very person who started the false accusations, who admits the accusations are false, who admits that 'lyrrie' never identified himself to him, you don't know 'lyrie's' real name either, you do not have an identification to which to attach your false made up "evidence" and "witness". You can accuse someone of such vile acts and not even know who they are is a pretty sure sign that you are lying.

    And now you accuse "lyrrie" of having 'personality disorders' and being a 'pathological liar' - I think you should take a look in the mirror and see who the real 'pathological liar' with 'personality disorders' is.

    What a sick and demented mindset to use suffering of children being sex trafficked as a means of your enjoyment in trolling on the forum. For what? Further investigation with information provided me reveals that you were upset because 'lyrrie' made you look like a fool for some of your posts. Oh Boo Hoo, someone on the internet kicked your butt in an argument (you started by the way), and you resort to a sick and demented mindset to use children being sex trafficked as a means of your enjoyment in trolling on the forum to still strike back against 'lyrrie' who is not longer even here. Yes, you are depraved.    

    You want me to give you his name so you can what? Your false claim of looking him up to see if he was a Navy seal? That's BS pure and simple. You want his name so you can find a lawyer with that name so you can stalk and harass him like you have done so many others. No, i'm not going to give you his name and endanger him in doing so by facilitating in some way an unbalanced person like you to endanger him and his family. He has already suffered with a deranged forum user stalking him and trying to kill him and his family as a result of your false accusations. I would not expose and endanger anyone like that including, with regret, not even providing or posting your real name which is not the secret you think it is.

    The mods did not delete his posts, there wasn't any decision made by mods to do it. He specifically requested of PIA that all of his posts be removed and his account be removed, they did not want to but he insisted so they did. Yet in your post (quoted below) you say he "requested all his posts be deleted" but in this current posts of yours (quoted above) you say "the mods had the good sense to delete" like it was their decision to do it and that's not true, you don't even know what really happened.

    No, you are the one who bought up the things you claim about him in this post immediately below my post with the below (in bold), all not true:


    tomeworm said:
    jbis said:

    I can't find the post he made about warrant canary's right now, can't find any of the posts he made.
    You can't find him or any of his posts here anymore because he left here under a black cloud and requested all his posts be deleted. I believe his username was lyrri. Given the nature of his personality disorders and his outrageous lies some of us had serious doubts that he was a practicing lawyer. I wouldn't put any stock in anything you may have remembered he said.

    As to to remainder of what you indicated re warrant canaries you're correct that they've not been tested or even challenged in court. That however doesn't make the use of them illegal. It just means they haven't been tested yet by any business that cares enough about their customers who's willing to step up to the plate and risk doing so (should it ever come down to it).
     
     You are the one that bought those things up and even mentioned the name (although you originally spelled it wrong as 'lyrri').  I simply replied collectively with real wold information I knew to be fact vs the self-conceived imaginary 'medical diagnosis" you put forth as fact but isn't. The only 'black cloud' here is the one in your mind.

    Now you say I bought it up on August 29 in posting which is not true and that it was "totally out of context and completely irrelevant to this thread" yet the post is 100% in context and relevant to the thread about warrant canaries and here it is quoted again:

     
    jbis said:
    Overall, a warrant canary is useless. There was a user here who was a lawyer, he made a post answering a question about warrant canary's and I remember reading it. He had experience with defending use of warrant canary's in court, which it turned out has been a subject in court many times over the last few years. Although there has been a lot of debate as to their usefulness and 'internet' people swore by them most of it turned out to be a "feel good" exercise, it never had any legal basis for support and in the end they have been proven useless in court because they are never upheld. I don't think there has been one court case yet that upheld warrant canaries.This is because the intention of a warrant canary is to warn users/public of the existence of a subpoena passively by not updating or removing the warrant canary but the very concept of indicating by any method, even passively, can be considered a violation of an order to not notify (gag order, NSL, FISA court order). Even the EFF no longer really seeks cases (although they will take a good one if its dropped in their lap but have never won one) to try to defend them although they believe them to be legal (which has never been upheld in court). Although there's no law in effect to prevent warrant canaries from being used it doesn't mean their use would be legal, however, the actual legality of their use hasn't been tested in court so far. Most large companies that were using them (for example, Apple) no longer do because of the shaky and foundation'less legal ground upon which it places them to defend such use. The majority of lawyers and legal scholars believe their use would violate a gag order, NSL, or FISA court order and most lawyers will not even touch a case where warrant canary's are involved.

    PIA took the best route, prevention, which is to simply not log anything. If its not logged then it can't be supplied. This is a lot better than a warrant canary because it solves the issue before it happens in such a manner to render it moot and ineffective. A pound of prevention is a whole lot better than a pound of cure in this case.  

    I can't find the post he made about warrant canary's right now, can't find any of the posts he made.


    Now how that post is "totally out of context and completely irrelevant to this thread" is beyond me, and I did not even mention his forum name.

    I edited my post to correct some grammar. In case you have not noticed, there is a way to edit posts for purposes like that. Now you say something about it like there is some evil plot being executed.

    I can go through the forum and see where you have edited some of your posts and... GASP! wait a second, maybe you are lyrrie,  egads! Quick! Someone tell the mods and let them decide to remove all your posts!

    Do you always read into something what you want it to be rather than what it actually is?

    Do you see lyrrie everywhere?

    Now you start with accusing me, and continue in a tone of contempt, trolling for more. Calling me an "apologist" for simply posting real word interaction and observation information that is fact I know to be true and you are upset because it goes against your imaginary self-conceived 'medical diagnosis' and accusations which have not one shred of fact to support them. After what happened here with the false accusations thrown at him by people in this forum and that deranged now-ex PIA user showing up at his home to murder him and his family as a result of those false accusations, and with the unbalanced people here, nope, i'm not going to mention his real name and possibly let that happen again. You are one of those people who bought those false accusations and continued them even now ("far more grotesque acts "), and now you want his real name? Like I said, there are some unbalanced people here at PIA.

    Using your logic; Since you have used a post signature of something apparently quoted from UBob ("You have no idea the bread spilled for free speech. UBob") then you must be Robert Lazar (AKA UBob). That is unless you have edited a post in which case it means you are the long lost City of Atlantis.

    anyway, i'm out of this part of the discussion because before its over you will be accusing me of being the shooter on the grassy knoll at Dealey Plaza taking a shot at JFK because I edited my post to correct some grammar.

    I know 'lyrrie' and he is just as I described him further back in this thread and that's fact I know to be true - vs.- what is obviously lies from you without one shred of proof to back it up. Your mom should be calling you to bed now so run along. No doubt you will reply back probably with some more false accusations and false information, to try and continue this so go on. Intelligent people see you for what you are which is a sick, twisted, vile, disgusting, failed creature that crawled out from under a rock trolling around forums.  





    Post edited by jbis on
  • Posts: 1
    Wasn't lyrrie the guy who was exposed for child sex trafficking? If he really did wind up getting death threats over that would it really be any surprise? jbis seems to think the guy deserves our sympathy. But if he were really innocent why would he run away like he did? Why were all his posts deleted?
  • Posts: 600
    jbis said:

    Do you see lyrrie everywhere?
    No, and what a wonderful thing that's been too! I haven't seen hide nor hair of lyrrie for over a year. Then suddenly you show up with an MO pretty much identical to his. Walls and walls of redundant bloviating text, extreme defensiveness, grandiose and unsupportable claims as to lyrrie's credentials, etc. And on top of everything else you know so much about him, as in up close and personal -- very personal.
    Westie said:
    Wasn't lyrrie the guy who was exposed for child sex trafficking? If he really did wind up getting death threats over that would it really be any surprise? jbis seems to think the guy deserves our sympathy. But if he were really innocent why would he run away like he did? Why were all his posts deleted?
    Yup, that's the guy. Good question too about why he ran away like he did. I know if anyone were to accuse me of some  despicable criminal deeds I'd just laugh it off. But lyrrie completely panicked. The fact that lyrrie didn't just ignore it and that he did everything he could to shred every vestige of his presence from this place lends strong weight to the likelihood that he really was guilty of what he was accused of. But the death threats? Those claims were just more of lyrrie's histrionics. He deserved PIA's Drama Queen of the Decade Award.
  • Posts: 384
    It has been brought to my attention that this thread is starting to get a bit out of topic. The general way the discussion is going is fine by me but we would appreciate if we could preserve whatever is left of our ex-forum-member's privacy and stop speculating of their reason to delete their account.

    I don't know the person that's being talked about, but pedophile accusations are unfortunately very common towards PIA members so I'll be taking that with a grain of salt. I could understand that person's desire to have their account deleted regardless of being guilty or not after such accusations. It's just not something you want to come up when people Google your forum nick. Just last week there was a whole bunch of spam on Snoonet with a supposed "picture" of Snoonet and PIA's offices that pointed to pictures of child pornography in attempt to frame PIA as a pedo organization, and it's not the first time. Hater's gonna hate ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • edited October 19 Posts: 62
    Max-P said:
    It has been brought to my attention that this thread is starting to get a bit out of topic. The general way the discussion is going is fine by me but we would appreciate if we could preserve whatever is left of our ex-forum-member's privacy and stop speculating of their reason to delete their account.

    I don't know the person that's being talked about, but pedophile accusations are unfortunately very common towards PIA members so I'll be taking that with a grain of salt. I could understand that person's desire to have their account deleted regardless of being guilty or not after such accusations. It's just not something you want to come up when people Google your forum nick. Just last week there was a whole bunch of spam on Snoonet with a supposed "picture" of Snoonet and PIA's offices that pointed to pictures of child pornography in attempt to frame PIA as a pedo organization, and it's not the first time. Hater's gonna hate ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    the general way it is going is down hill all the way and now its hit the bottom slime tomeworm lives in. That's fine by you?

    I am not 'lyrrie' and the accusations thrown at me by 'tomeworm' are false. The accusations tomeworm hurls at 'lyrrie' are false.

    Heck, 'lyrrie' is not even at this forum any more and tomeworm still sees ''lyrrie' and fears him simply because I edited a post and he imagines i'm an "apologist" for 'lyrrie' which is also false. That's just pure unbalanced crazy. With people like tomeworm in the forum its no wonder the PIA forums are the laughing stock of the internet and someone tried to spam PIA as a 'pedo' organization, with demented thinking unbalanced people like tomeworm around throwing out the vile false accusations he did and thinking children suffering in sexual slavery is funny or to be used as some sort of false accusation. Now I can't even post in the forum any longer because tomeworm would seek at every turn to start yet some other crap or continue on with his fear of 'lyrrie', he has a history of doing this when he thinks its 'lyrrie' or someone else he doesn't like for some imagined reason.

    But this is all fine with you.

    Excuse me, is there a real moderator in the house?


    PIA should have a big banner or page that one has to see and read before buying the PIA product or registering at these forums. It should say "Abandon hope all ye who enter here".

    Now, i'm going to go edit some posts, using tomeworm logic by the time I finish doing that I might be Donald Trump.
    Post edited by jbis on
  • Posts: 308
    @Lyrrie, oops, I mean @jbis: you need to get a life, buddy. Have you considered changing from being a lawyer/navy seal/jesus to a writer? You seem to have a talent for it!
This discussion has been closed.