Sorry there is no tech support, previous member

in Feedback Posts: 1
This is my last communication with PIA, sad to go but no support.

To whom it may concern, my service has been unavailable to me since update v67, and the kill switch on v65 and v66 do not work, and tech support is unable to help. I  have been on the forums and support pages and believe you are going to lose a large part of your customer base because there is no support. I am disappointed that I ended paying for service that was not available, had no support, so I signed up with another provider. P.S. – expect to see this email verbatim on the forums. Just a friendly reminder that without tech support you will soon be looking for work!

Scott

From: Private Internet Access - Billing Dept [mailto:billing@privateinternetaccess.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 4, 2017 6:52 PM
To: jeffer3@shaw.ca
Subject: Private Internet Access Subscription Termination Reminder

Dear Customer,

This is just a friendly reminder that your Yearly Private Internet Access VPN account will be terminated in 7 days.
To remain protected, resume your subscription through the following link: http://www.privateinternetaccess.com/pages/client-sign-in

Kind Regards,
Private Internet Access Team
Subsidiary of London Trust Media Inc.

Homepage | Client Sign-In | Support Center | Blog | Forum | Terms and Conditions 

Private Internet Access, 4643 S Ulster Street, Suite 1120, Denver, CO 80237, United States

Facebook | Twitter | Google Plus

Comments

• edited July 5 Posts: 42
    Hi @p1662411,

Thank you for your feedback although based on your email address above I have been able to look at your support history

On the 10th May you informed us that you were cancelling your service (this was your first ticket to Support).
    On the 11th May you raised another ticket asking why the previous ticket hadn't been responded to.
    On the 11th May you cancelled the reoccurring payment on your account.
    Today you raised another ticket reminding us that you had cancelled and provided us feedback as per your experience.

Your initial ticket was responded to by one of my agents, Jason V, although it could have been answered much faster had we not been experiencing extremely high levels of support requests.

We still continue to clear the backlog and our Customer Support is working 24/7 to reduce response times. In the last 3 weeks alone, the Customer Support department has answered 21,358 tickets (correct as of 0800 this morning). I acknowledge your comments that Customer Support could have been faster. We are certainly working towards that goal as a priority.

Regarding your feedback about the Killswitch, if you're willing to work with us it is something I can personally work with you with in addition to my Quality Assurance team who will perform extensive testing.

Please let me know if you would like to proceed.

Regards

Jayson Q.
    Head of Customer Support
    Post edited by PIAJayson on
  • edited July 5 Posts: 110
    PIAJayson, It has been 106 days since you joined PIA on March 21, 2017, a Tuesday, 3 months and 14 days from today. In that time, you  have logged: 87 visits with 27 posts. That's not many, considering the "extremely high levels of support requests" you had been experiencing. One such post was about the Answerbot. I noticed that you didn't give him/her any credit for the 21,358 tickets answered in the past 3 weeks. BTW, how many of those tickets were resolved, not just "answered"?

Your offer to "personally work with"  p1662411 is/was, i'm afraid, a case of "too little - too late" as with many of your other "Previous member(s)". 

Post edited by m32b64 on
    m32b64 said:
    PIAJayson, It has been 106 days since you joined PIA on March 21, 2017, a Tuesday, 3 months and 14 days from today. In that time, you  have logged: 87 visits with 27 posts. That's not many, considering the "extremely high levels of support requests" you had been experiencing. One such post was about the Answerbot. I noticed that you didn't give him/her any credit for the 21,358 tickets answered in the past 3 weeks. BTW, how many of those tickets were resolved, not just "answered"?

Your offer to "personally work with"  p1662411 is/was, i'm afraid, a case of "too little - too late" as with many of your other "Previous member(s)". 

I actually started in May 2016 as an engineer where I was hired due to my experience working with secure and encrypted communication networks.

The Answerbot was enabled on the June 28th 2017. In that time, Answerbot has responded successfully to 318 ticket requests (out of the 5000+ tickets which have been created in the same timeframe) which have resulted in the customer reporting the ticket as solved as the Helpdesk contained the information they were looking for. I initially coded the Answerbot with an extremely limited scope of support due to possible issues that may arise (a short leash so to speak).

As the Answerbot has been successful in identifying the correct answers to questions asked by customers, I have started to extend the range of responses which the Answerbot can reply to.

I apologise that I have only logged in 87 times and posted 27 occasions as I generally respond when prompted by a member of my staff, another department or a direct message from a customer. As you can expect, I spend a large portion of my time dealing with operations, personnel, organisation, planning, reporting, metrics, in addition to my belief of leading by example and leading from the front (which I accomplish by responding to tickets personally in our Support Portal/Social Media conducting 1-2-1's and training staff where appropriate).

As the ticket response rate lowers, it is my hope that I will be able to spend more time with customers in order to determine what features they would have and being able to deliver these where/if appropriate.

Again, I apologise for the delay in response times and hope that you will be aware that we are working hard around the clock to reduce the ticket delay.

Regards

Jayson Q.
    Head of Customer Support
    PIAJayson, I Appreciate the reply. I am aware of the nature of the job. Please accept my apology for the rant. I know you are aware of the frustration the members of this forum have been experiencing the past few months. Their dissatisfaction has resulted in some bad advertising for PIA, such as the following excerpt from a review titled: "Private Internet Access Review 2017 – Not Recommended"     "Due to these issues, I strongly recommend considering some alternatives to PIA – see the Best VPN List"

Good Luck in your endeavor, Mike B