Streaming webcam through PIA

edited July 18 in P2P Support Posts: 5
I want to stream my webcam from a Windows 10(64 bit)/Ubuntu 16.04(64 bit) machine behind campus LAN/wifi through a VPN so that only specific people can view the stream. I have no access to the campus network configuration.

I prefer to route the stream through PIA's server if possible because the location of the stream will then be masked and its content encrypted. 

I have tried streaming to HTTP with VLC and VPN connected, but I cannot open my stream at the IP given by PIA's server. PIA can give a static IP but I still cannot access the stream from there.

The stream output string (in Windows 10) is:
:sout=#transcode{vcodec=WMV2,vb=800,scale=Auto,acodec=wma2,ab=128,channels=2,samplerate=44100}:http{dst=:8080/test.wmv} :sout-keep

netsat does not tell me which IP the stream is output to: 
    C:\Users\Work>netstat -na | find "8080"                                                                                   
    TCP    0.0.0.0:8080           0.0.0.0:0              LISTENING                                                          
    TCP    [::]:8080              [::]:0                 LISTENING 
Why does this happen? Any configuration steps I missed? How do I make sure the stream passes through my VPN tunnel?

Thanks in advance.
Post edited by nicoleluk on
Tagged:

Comments