Setting up PIA on Virgin Media Super Hub 2

edited August 18 in Other Devices VPN Setup Posts: 1
Rather than set up individual devices, I'd like to ensure that ALL traffic from my house through my router is sent via the VPN.

Is it possible to set up my router so that all traffic on it is automatically routed through my PIA VPN? If so, can someone please supply step-by-step instructions on how I do this?

Post edited by joedafone on

Comments

Let Google be your friend. Just do a search on your router and how to set up VPN on your router.
    joedafone said:
    Rather than set up individual devices, I'd like to ensure that ALL traffic from my house through my router is sent via the VPN.

Is it possible to set up my router so that all traffic on it is automatically routed through my PIA VPN? If so, can someone please supply step-by-step instructions on how I do this?

You cant do this with VM superhub....only way is to buy another router that does allow VPN configuration and use the superhub in modem mode.....
    thats what i do and it works just fine with PIA
    Hi
    Did you manage to resolve this?
    Im looking to set up VPNs on. Virgin media routers, I have read on Google somewhere it's is possible to do this in virgin routers by selecting L2pt/ipsec etc.
  • edited October 1 Posts: 22
    It is not possible to run a VPN directly on a VM router since the software is locked down and does not support any VPN protocol & you can't even change the DNS.

You need to get a 3rd party router and put the VM hub in Modem Mode.

I suggest running the VPN on each device though as the router will not cope with the speeds VM offer when using a VPN the CPU can't Encrypt / Decrypt that fast & I am on the 200Mbps package and if I run the VPN on the router I get 40Mbps at most and that is with a High end router.
    Post edited by mission156 on