Email leak thunderbird several questions.

So i did the email leak test and its failing the test, from what i can gather I cannot use a desktop email client if i don't want leaks is that true?. The test also blocks me sending mail after one test.i can receive incoming mail via Thunderbird but does that mean my ISP can also see them ? So i have completed the test again with my Gmail account the mail is being sent but the test does not receive and does not complete.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can explain.
pit.

Comments

I ran the email leak test and it also says I leak, and I use Outlook. But if I send an email to myself and check it on either Yahoo Mail or Google Mail, looking at the header shows the exit IP address, not my ISP. So I am not sure who is right.

Send an email to yourself and check the header of the email message.
    I'm new to PIA so no sure what going on to be honest, when i send a test mail from Gmail it's secure. I'm thinking Thunderbird isn't a secure client, maybe someone can tell me different, and if it isn't is there any workaround maybe an extension to make it secure. Anyone's input is welcome. If nothing can be done guess I'm stuck with Gmail , trouble is i cannot migrate my ISP mail accounts to Gmail, so it means changing all my ISP emails to Gmail.
    I ran the email leak test and it also says I leak, and I use Outlook. But if I send an email to myself and check it on either Yahoo Mail or Google Mail, looking at the header shows the exit IP address, not my ISP. So I am not sure who is right.

Send an email to yourself and check the header of the email message.

Sent mail to myself through my ISP web-mail and it still leaks so i guess the only alternative is to use Gmail all the time.
    It's nothing to do with Thunderbird.
    Don't use Gmail for anything - that's Google spyware - they log (read) everything. Find yourself another free email provider.

Vipper
    can you recommend one or even give a hint on which one to use?