v72 is now leaking - DNS leaktest and/or not going to correct location

edited September 24 in General VPN Support Posts: 16
On Sept 19 I upgraded to v72 because I was using a version from prior in the year and noticed it was leaking. 
I have checked more or less on a daily basis on the machines I use since then for dns leak at dnsleak.com. As of yesterday it's been fine. 
As of today it is not. 
Machine 1 connected to US West ip 104.200.151.14 . Running DNSleaktest says I am at more or less my home ip address and location. 

Machine 2 connected to Toronto, CA with port forward 172.98.67.86: Hello 135.84.127.139 from Washington, United States

I am running Windows 7 pro all updated. 

Post edited by Haloan on

Comments

Wrong IP and leaking DNS are two different issues.
    PiaVipper said:
    Wrong IP and leaking DNS are two different issues.
    Ok next time I will seperate them into different posts. 
    Haloan said:
    Machine 1 connected to US West ip 104.200.151.14 . Running DNSleaktest says I am at more or less my home ip address and location. 

Machine 2 connected to Toronto, CA with port forward 172.98.67.86: Hello 135.84.127.139 from Washington, United States
    I retested today.

Machine 1 issue is fixed. 

Machine 2 was I see now my error in configuration and is now working as expected. 

How about sharing the fixes? After all, you asked for help so why not give it too?
    PiaVipper said:
    How about sharing the fixes? After all, you asked for help so why not give it too?
    The issue for machine 1 was fixed not the machine. It was on their side. Someone did something and now it's working. 

Who knows if anyone at PIA is reading these forums. Something is very wrong over there. The lights are on but it doesn't seem like anybody is home. 

• We are definitely reading and nothing was done on our side. 

Please feel free to share what happened with Machine 1 if you so choose.