How to reconnect?

edited September 25 in General VPN Support Posts: 5
Is there any way, method or function to make PIA automatically connect when the connection has been dropped? I like to leave it on during the night, but often when I get up in the morning I find it has disconnected; sometimes for may hours. I want PIA to automatically reconnect (unless I manually disconnected, then of course it should not reconnect). How can I do this?
Post edited by p3637599 on
Tagged:

Comments

• Hey p3637599, 

Thanks for reaching out! 

I will recommend using OpenVPN for this auto-reconnect feature. 

If OpenVPN is not working, remove persist-tun from the config and it will pretty much always reconnect. 

• edited September 27 Posts: 5
    I don't understand? How do I use OpenVPN to make the PIA application auto-reconnect? removing persist-tun from the config sounds a lot easier, wouldn't that be my first solution then? Or are there implications or risks connected to removing persist-run?

Also if you could help me locate the config file? What is the filename, and at which directory path should I look for it?
    Post edited by p3637599 on
  • Hey @p3637599

Sorry for the confusion.

What operating system are you using?

Here is a link to our helpdesk where you can find how to setup OpenVPN based on your operating system. 

The config files are the .ovpn files you will have copied to C:\Program Files\OpenVPN\config.

You can open it with notepad and just remove persist-tun.