PIA stuck loading

I have been unable to use PIA for the past few months. Stuck at loading, tried clean installs, even tried removing all residual files and registry keys after an install, still nothing. 
Windows 10
PIA v72

Comments

Do you have any security software on your device? 
    Thanks Jason, not sure why I didn't try that sooner. Disabled avg and it worked. Any idea which exceptions I need to create?
    Hey @thizizack

Here is a link describing which file exceptions to add. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions :)  
  • I completely removed all anti-virus on my computer because PIA consistently has been getting stuck on "Loading..." issues. v71, v72, and v73—none have worked. I've changed my DHCP, DNS, and turned off my IPV6 entirely. Still doesn't work.
  • I completely removed all anti-virus on my computer because PIA consistently has been getting stuck on "Loading..." issues. v71, v72, and v73—none have worked. I've changed my DHCP, DNS, and turned off my IPV6 entirely. Still doesn't work.
    Same issue here. Back and forth with support, but still nothing.
  • Anyone find a solution, still dead over here.

• Nightside said:
    Anyone find a solution, still dead over here.

Have you tried the openvpn client?
    Nightside said:

+1 for the OpenVPN client. Sometimes when the PIA app just doesn't want to work it's easier to just use OpenVPN as it's more simple/basic.

That's rather strange however. The "Get stuck on Loading..." issue means the tray is unable to communicate with the VPN daemon over localhost. Most of the time it means that some antivirus software or firewall is blocking the connection, and in a few cases that the VPN daemon failed to bind to its port.

If you can send us the contents of your C:\Program Files\pia_manager\log folder (or your ticket number if you already have sent those to support) I can have a look and maybe offer more insight as to why it's not communicating. If you don't want to post these publicly you can email them to me directly at maxime+ft25377@londontrustmedia.com.
    I've been having this problem for months, no fix has worked. Its especially bad as PIA will suddenly close while I am browsing and not inform me, meaning I am browsing unprotected. I am seriously considering another VPN provider as PIA just refuses to work for me.
  • Nightside said:

OpenVPN stuck on connecting.
    I uninstalled antivirus, and disabled windows firewall. PIA still stuck, and OpenVPN still stuck.
  • Max-P said:
    Nightside said:

+1 for the OpenVPN client. Sometimes when the PIA app just doesn't want to work it's easier to just use OpenVPN as it's more simple/basic.

That's rather strange however. The "Get stuck on Loading..." issue means the tray is unable to communicate with the VPN daemon over localhost. Most of the time it means that some antivirus software or firewall is blocking the connection, and in a few cases that the VPN daemon failed to bind to its port.

If you can send us the contents of your C:\Program Files\pia_manager\log folder (or your ticket number if you already have sent those to support) I can have a look and maybe offer more insight as to why it's not communicating. If you don't want to post these publicly you can email them to me directly at maxime+ft25377@londontrustmedia.com.
    I have 3 computers running PIA, one is Windows XP, and 2 are Windows 7. The XP runs perfect, no issues at all,  one Windows 7 is a Dell and it works fine, except for torrents,  this one is an HP and is having the problems.
    Thanks guys for the logs.

@Nightside This seems to be an older version of the app you sent me the logs for. Can you update to the latest and resubmit your logs, including pia_nw and openvpn logs? I need all three to have the full picture of what's happening. 

So far it looks like OpenVPN just isn't starting for some reason, but this shouldn't make the tray get stuck to "Loading..." however, and the log doesn't seem to indicate any issue with that. I'm aware of 32bit support being broken for a version or two which got fixed in v75.  Can you try that and report back? Thanks

@DeathStalker Yours seems a bit different. You don't get stuck with the tray "Loading..." either so I would really advise creating a separate thread to avoid mixing things up too much. Tag me on it to make sure I see it. Your log shows successful communication with the tray icon. There is the following in your OpenVPN log however:
    Sat Nov 25 23:22:41 2017 TCP/UDP: Socket bind failed on local address [undef]:#####: Address already in use (WSAEADDRINUSE)
    Which means that something is already listening on port 31749, likely another instance of OpenVPN.

Did the app every work/does it connect but somehow crashes and tries to restart? Can you check if you have any openvpn.exe processes running?

• No, the app never connected even once.  I did have NordVPN installed previously, but removed both the app and the OpenVPN installs for it before installing PIA.

Will open a new thread as requested  :)