Stuck on connecting and tried all connection type/remote port combinations (Windows 10)

edited October 9 in Windows VPN Setup Posts: 3
Hi all,

I recently purchased PIA, installed it and it was working great until I turned off my computer and later started it up... then it just got stuck on connecting. So I tried reinstalling it and again, it was working great until my computer started up again. I then started trouble shooting and followed all the steps as outlined here:

https://helpdesk.privateinternetaccess.com/hc/en-us/articles/219059608-Why-is-the-VPN-connection-not-working-or-slow-with-the-PIA-App-

but none of them worked.

I don't know too much about networking, so not sure if it is relevant or not, but I do have VirtualBox running on my machine which is attached to NAT and forwarding port 3000 (just pointing out as this has caused me some network headaches in the past).

EDIT: I tried disabling my Firewall/Antivirus but to no avail
Post edited by bourkison on

Comments

Hey @bourkison

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue. 

Have you tried running PIA without the VirtualBox? 
  • Thanks for your reply @PIAAustin

Not quite sure what you mean when you say running PIA without the VirtualBox? I'm not running PIA through XUbuntu.

Just tried rebooting my computer to double check that VirtualBox wasn't running while trying to connect to PIA, but PIA still stuck on connecting.

Unfortunately I can't uninstall VirtualBox as I need it for my university degree and it has a bunch of files I need on it.
    Hey @bourkison

This may require some troubleshooting.

Would it be possible for you to open a ticket here and let me know the ticket number? 

I'll be happy to help figure this out with you. 
  • As I just submitted the ticket and linked to this discussion, I just wanted to add the fact that I just downloaded the chrome extension and that is working perfectly.
  • CTDCTD
    I am having the same issue as @bourkison. Just subscribed yesterday to PIA but have not been able to have the little icon turn green. (goes from yellow to red). Do not have any antivirus software and disabled Microsoft security essentials. Have reinstalled PIA several times but does not resolve issue. Chrome extension does work perfectly however. I have Windows 7 Professional.  Followed all the steps outlined below and made no difference. Assigned ticked number is 464661.  Please provide further troubleshooting to resolve this issue within next two days. Thank you 

https://helpdesk.privateinternetaccess.com/hc/en-us/articles/219059608-Why-is-the-VPN-connection-not-working-or-slow-with-the-PIA-App-

Hey @CTD

I have just responded to your ticket - I am very sorry for the delay!

@borkison, would you be able to post the ticket number on this thread or pm me? 
  • CTD said:
    I am having the same issue as @bourkison. Just subscribed yesterday to PIA but have not been able to have the little icon turn green. (goes from yellow to red). Do not have any antivirus software and disabled Microsoft security essentials. Have reinstalled PIA several times but does not resolve issue. Chrome extension does work perfectly however. I have Windows 7 Professional.  Followed all the steps outlined below and made no difference. Assigned ticked number is 464661.  Please provide further troubleshooting to resolve this issue within next two days. Thank you 

Hello all.....I'm having the same issue as CTD but i'm running a fresh install of Windows 10 with fall update installed.  NO virus software but what comes with windows.  Have tried EVERYTHING......Changing settings....ports......reinstall.....on and on.  Just can't connect but the extension works.  I CAN connect using OPEN VPN but need access to port forwarding options.  Just don't know what else to try.  Installed on my other computer and connects no problem.   Thanks for any ideas.....
    @Doxiedoggie can you submit us a debug log so we can look at why the app fails to connect? If the OpenVPN option works, the app definitely should also work as it's also based on OpenVPN...
  • Great, Thanks Max for your help. I sent my debug log in. AD17A  Thanks again.....