Network speeds are worse than ever

I can't be the only one who has experienced extremely slow speeds lately. I usually use the Swedish servers and that adds about 10 extra ping but doesn't really change my speeds. But for the last couple of days my ping has been a lot worse and my speeds are less than half my 'non-VPN' speeds suddenly. 

This is getting really annoying. Pictures hosted on Reddit and Imgur won't load properly,. videos on Streamable and gfy's are not loading, and Twitch streams aren't being played properly. This is really frustrating and I don't know what I should do. Today I tried upgrading to the latest version (v73) and that didn't help at all.

Please fix your servers.
Tagged:

Comments

• I have noticed the US servers get very slow in the evenings.
    +1 FOR SLOWNESS... :-(

Hey guys, whenever you fall on a slow server please use the "Send slow speed complaint" button. Our network team relies on those heavily to detect issues and bottlenecks!

Additionally if there's a specific time (I saw evenings mentionned - what times and which timezone?) and region/server that does that, that would be really helpful so I can set up a bunch of auto speed tests around those times to verify.
  • Hi Max,

I tried the Swedish, Norwegian, and Dutch servers between 16:00-00:00 GMT+1 and they all had this problem in this time span.

I'm mostly on my PC at that time but I'm pretty sure that this problem isn't just in the evenings. I've noticed these slow speeds all week at different times of the day - I can't watch a stream on Twitch through PIA without having to turn the quality all the way down.

I pay for 80/10 Mbit internet and usually get around 90/12 and normally about 80/12 using PIA. These last couple of days/this last week I've only been getting 20/10 using PIA on all the servers I've tested.
    Hmm, do you guys also have some trouble accessing US sites without the VPN? What ISPs are you using?

I did some testing on my end and I can get almost my full 200 Mbps all the way up to Denmark. All regions connected past this point I'm also getting around 20/20 so there seems to be some congestion between Denmark and Sweden/Norway/Finland.

I asked the network team if we know anything about this, will update if/when I get more info.
  • edited October 17 Posts: 4
    I live in Denmark so that's what is happening to me I guess. Hope to see this fixed soon :)
    Post edited by hvadskerderlige on
  • edited October 18 Posts: 106
    Max-P said:
    Hey guys, whenever you fall on a slow server please use the "Send slow speed complaint" button. Our network team relies on those heavily to detect issues and bottlenecks!

Additionally if there's a specific time (I saw evenings mentionned - what times and which timezone?) and region/server that does that, that would be really helpful so I can set up a bunch of auto speed tests around those times to verify.
    UPDATE
    Mystically this problem has gone away just after posting? 

I'm finding speed adequate, but there is a annoying lag  to connect to websites?
    once connectrd speed is fine, tried going to google DNS from PIA's the same problem
    Opera browser WIN10 64 bit, new HP computer this has started this over last month or so (V73)

I am seeing IP's getting listed for being BOTNET's again because users are not turning on Windows Defender
    The best world malware/virus experts state
    "If Microsoft Windows Defender is available to you, use it!"
    Check yourself
    http://cbl.abuseat.org/lookup.cgi?ip=137.59.252.183
    Even Google search engine is doig a BOT check for this IP!
    Post edited by Harry2 on