[Feature Request] Run custom actions on connect and disconnect

in Feedback Posts: 2
I think it will be useful to have ability to run custom actions when connecting to and disconnecting from VPN.
My use cases:
- Block via firewall some applications while I'm connected to VPN to prevent accidental identity disclosure. It may be an IM or software license check that uses unique login/password.
- Block via firewall some region locked software to prevent unexpected troubles. E.g. some games in Steam has region lock.
- Unblock some software that I want to use only when I connected to VPN.

Comments

With such a setup you're probably a lot better going with OpenVPN directly as the PIA app is designed to do one thing and to be connected pretty much all the time. We have a guide on our website to set up OpenVPN itself, after which you can add the up/down scripts to do the tasks you want to. The app uses OpenVPN internally, so it's the same security and everything, except you have a lot more control over all the details.
    Max-P said:
    With such a setup you're probably a lot better going with OpenVPN directly as the PIA app is designed to do one thing and to be connected pretty much all the time. We have a guide on our website to set up OpenVPN itself, after which you can add the up/down scripts to do the tasks you want to. The app uses OpenVPN internally, so it's the same security and everything, except you have a lot more control over all the details.
    Good idea. It looks like I can achieve desired behavior via up and down OpenVPN commands. Thanks for advice.