Still received a DMCA while using PIA

So I know how to set up torrent, I even use a test torrent to verify the tracker is using the PIA IP address. I work a lot and only torrent tv shows I miss due to work with no way to watch it after it airs. I did this last night after I got off work. I fired PIA up, checked to make sure everything was registering the new IP address and started the torrent. Yet I get home from work tonight to find a DMCA filed against me for that torrent, using the same IP address I was under using PIA. It personally looks to me like my activity was shared, so someone please explain to me how this happened. I am close to just cancelling my subscription after this.

Comments

• edited November 9 Posts: 453
    1. Where is your VPN Client? PC or Router?
    2. What OS are you using?
    3. Do you have static or dynamic DNS?
    4. Is your Browser open when you are running Torrent?
    5. Do you have Proxy setup on your Torrent software?
    6. What Torrent software are you using?
    7. Did the DMCA ID your IP address used?
    8. Which IP leak website did you use to confirm you Public IP and DNS addresses?
    9. Are you using IPv6?

Post edited by sn0wmonster on
  • @eyesonlyhacker If it's something urgent, please make a support ticket so it can be addressed by official staff and investigated properly. If it's not urgent, I concur with Omnibus_IV and would also ask you to respond to his questions so we can be more helpful to you here on the forum.
    Yet I get home from work tonight to find a DMCA filed against me for that torrent, using the same IP address I was under using PIA.
    If it's a PIA server IP address then, sorry, but no way. PIA would have received the DMCA notice, not you. More than likely your torrent app is leaking. Use the Torrent Address Detection function at https://ipleak.net/ and report back your findings here. 
  • @tomeworm I wish the forums let me "like" or "thumbs up" a post like Slack does :)
    Yeah, he has a leak somewhere. Just need to find it and plug it up!