Kill Switch does not work.

Lets certain sites in (YouTube, TPB) but doesn't let any other site in.

Tagged:

Comments

It should be working. My guess would be that you're leaking IPv6 despite that option being enabled. Can you go to http://ipv6leak.com and see if you leak IPv6? If you do, try our guide on how to disable IPv6 completely as in some situations Windows ignores the firewall rules we insert that blocks IPv6.
  • edited November 2017 Posts: 3
    Max-P said:
    It should be working. My guess would be that you're leaking IPv6 despite that option being enabled. Can you go to http://ipv6leak.com and see if you leak IPv6? If you do, try our guide on how to disable IPv6 completely as in some situations Windows ignores the firewall rules we insert that blocks IPv6.
    I just tried that and I leaked no IPv6. Usually the kill switch would cut my wired connection totally off (Red X over connection sign) but now it keeps on being normally looking like nothing at all happened to it. There are two network connections(?), so maybe it only blocks one? (Top - After disconnecting with kill switch on; Bottom - Just normal with VPN on before disconnecting with kill switch)
     < After Disconnection with KS on. Same Window with connection on too.

< Connected with KS on.     < After Disconnection with KS on
    Post edited by killswitchbroken on
    Hmm, that's strange. The two connections are normal, as Windows sees the VPN as just another network adapter so it thinks you have two connections (which is technically true), but your real connection definitely shouldn't be recognized as having Internet connectivity while the killswitch is running.

Can you submit a debug log so I can have a closer look as to what the app is doing?
  • Max-P said:
    Hmm, that's strange. The two connections are normal, as Windows sees the VPN as just another network adapter so it thinks you have two connections (which is technically true), but your real connection definitely shouldn't be recognized as having Internet connectivity while the killswitch is running.

Can you submit a debug log so I can have a closer look as to what the app is doing?

It is 2 F 8 1 3.
  • When is PIA going to implement a PER APPLICATION Kill Switch?   (Like NordVPN)
    @killswitchbroken Unfortunately it seems that your log didn't make it to us. Are you sure you had internet connectivity when you sent the log?

If so, can you please email me the contents of your C:\Program Files\pia_manager\log to maxime+ft28741@londontrustmedia.com so that I can have a look?

@DeathStalker I heard there are plans to implement this but I do not have any date and wouldn't expect it before at least sometime next year.
  • Hi @Max-P !  Thanks for the info.  I will also be sending you my logs, as I also cannot connect through the app, but OpenVPN connects fine (just can't do port forwarding.