v78-beta-6b0c837

edited March 6 in Linux VPN Setup Posts: 55
Not sure if this is the correct place to post.  I like the options "Connect Auto" and "Connect To" being separate.  However, if I click on connect to, then select a location, the app closes.  No issues with Connect Auto.  I did get a couple of Ubuntu errors when the app crashed.  But not every time.  I do not understand the option "Reconnect to" which is only available when I am connected.
Post edited by purplepizza on

Comments

Probably should send that to beta-feedback-linux@privateinternetaccess.com as this goes directly to the developers :)
    Just noticed my DNS is hosed as well.  After a reboot, no PIA app running, no VPN connected, my DNS is now PIA.  Long ago when the PIA app messed up my DNS it was with the /etc/resolv.conf, making it a file (vice a symbolic link) pointing to PIA DNS.  This time /etc/resolv.conf looks OK as a symbolic link, and /run/resolvconf/resolv.conf looks OK pointing to my correct DNS of choice.  Any suggestions to fix my DNS?
    Max-P said:
    Probably should send that to beta-feedback-linux@privateinternetaccess.com as this goes directly to the developers :)

I did do that and will do in the future.  I was hoping to see what others experienced.  I am back to v77 awaiting the next v78 to try
    v78 did introduce resolvconf support, so it's normal that you see PIA's DNS in this file. If you're using resolvconf however your DNS should have automatically been reset by your network manager upon rebooting, because that's the point of resolvconf. Running this command might fix it:
    sudo resolvconf -u

What distro are you using and which version of it?
    @Max-P ; All is good, I have no issues since reverting back to v77.  DNS is the way I like it, managed by Network Manager.  My distro is Ubuntu-Mate 16.04.4.

BTW... In v78 I still do not understand the option "Reconnect to" which is only available when I am connected.  Am I missing something?
    @purplepizza The "Reconnect to" option is a submenu that should open with a list of your favorite locations and basically lets you disconnect and connect to another region immediately. Does it not open any submenu at all? Does it do anything when clicking on it?
    I never tried it because I only saw the option when I was connected.  There was no reason to re-connect since I was connected.  It did show all servers, not just my favorites.  So if I understand you correctly, the purpose of reconnect is to quickly disconnect from one sever and reconnect with a different server.  I will try it with the next V78 release.  Thanks for the explanation.
    Crashes after install, signing in and connecting. After starting PIA again from the menu all seems to work fine.
    Debian SID-Mate
    Nice ui.  B)