Where is my activation email?

edited March 9 in Windows VPN Setup Posts: 5
I don't know what's going on, but where the hell is my activation email? It's been 5 days already and I've been inquiring on a refund for one payment that I accidentally made that is charging me for a monthly subscription.

Not only am I getting charged for both times that I've tried subscribing to an account (one monthly, and one for two years), but I received no replies to THREE ticket submissions. Is this how you treat costumers who are willing to subscribe for a two year service?

Post edited by maximohdez on
Tagged:

Comments

Hi @maximohdez,

Sounds like you are possibly not getting any of our emails at all, including replies asking for more information from support. Can you post your ticket IDs so I can look at those for you?
    How do I look for my ticket IDs? I never received an email telling me that I submitted a ticket. Also because of my settings with ccleaner, every time I exit my browser it cleans the entire browsing history.

Is there a way to look for them?
    Also, I guess you're really right. There is something wrong with my email. I just received a notice at the side of my PIA page telling me to confirm my email and I'm not getting anything.
  • edited March 9 Posts: 5
    I found the issue and hopefully this can help other people in the future, but I just found out that AOL has a very strict filter system that blocks PIA VPN from sending successful emails into the account. In fact, they delete it, not even going into spam. You have to go into options, then mail settings, and then spam settings.

I'm very sorry for being so hasty in accusing you guys.

I will go and make another ticket in regards to the monthly account, I just got an email to confirm this forum account,
    Hi again @maximohdez,

I was able to find two of your tickets from the same email as you used to register to the forums. One of them have been merged into the other as duplicate and have been replied to, currently waiting for you to reply back.

I also see your monthly account has been refunded already so at least this part has been taken care of: refund payment (2018-03-04 02:16:21 UTC)

Do you have another email address I could change your account to? I'm also sending you two test emails, one from my PIA email and one from my personal server to see if it's anything related to AOL.

If you can, I would also recommend trying to whitelist @privateinternetaccess.com, @londontrustmedia.com and @londontrustmedia.zendesk.com in your email settings to hopefully let those in.
    I'm glad you were able to figure it out!

You've already figured out the issue but for information, out of the two emails I sent you the one from my personal server bounced back immediately, so yeah that's probably what happened with the PIA ones as well.

<[REMOVED]>: host mx-aol.mail.gm0.yahoodns.net[74.6.141.40] said: 554
        5.7.1 : (RTR:BL) https://postmaster.aol.com/error-codes#554rtrbl (in reply
        to end of DATA command)

Reporting-MTA: dns; hosting.max-p.me
    X-Postfix-Queue-ID: 0F6C7B4085F
    X-Postfix-Sender: rfc822; max-p@max-p.me
    Arrival-Date: Thu,  8 Mar 2018 20:00:13 -0500 (EST)
    Final-Recipient: rfc822; [REMOVED]
    Original-Recipient: rfc822;[REMOVED]
    Action: failed
    Remote-MTA: dns; mx-aol.mail.gm0.yahoodns.net
    Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 554 5.7.1 : (RTR:BL)
        https://postmaster.aol.com/error-codes#554rtrbl

• edited March 9 Posts: 5
    Yeah, again I'm very sorry for jumping on the desperation ship and coming off aggresive in the beginning.

Thanks again for taking the time though, and patience :)
    You're welcome :) It happens, no worries! I think it's reasonable to expect to hear back from a company after paying for 2 years worth of service and not getting anything at all back!

It's one of the reasons why the forums exist. It being public, it makes it easier to track and see if other people have similar issues :)