Windows And Mac Os X Client Updated

edited October 2014 in Privacy News Posts: 261
The client has been updated. The current version of the client is: v.27
Note: As of today 19/01/2012 The client has been updated to v.27. The links below will lead to the latest client being v.27, not v.26. I have attached the v.26 to the windows old client archive. 
image image

Do remember to update your client! 

Hopefully, Support will let us know whats been updated.

(v.25 03/01/2013) 
Changes I have noticed: 
1: Password is no longer stored encrypted in file.
2: Notification icon area doesn't seem to be displaying the PIA's icon/ it keeps disappearing. 

(v.26 05/01/2013) 
Changes I have noticed: 
1: Password is stored encrypted in file, however, another file called 'command_file' seems to have the username and password in the first line (plain text).
2: The icon does display and there are no issues this time around with the client itself. Some users did report the Kill Switch functionality to be functioning normal, more feedback from Support and Users will be appreciated. 

(v.27 19/01/2013)
Changes I have noticed:
1:No apparent changes.
Post edited by Support on

Comments

Password isn't stored encrypted? As in it is stored in plaintext?
  • Password isn't stored encrypted? As in it is stored in plaintext?
    Yes. Yes.
    It was a single question, but okay. :P

PIA really needs beta testers. This isn't the first time I've heard they introduced a functionality for then to remove it again in the next version...
  • It was a single question, but okay. :P

PIA really needs beta testers. This isn't the first time I've heard they introduced a functionality for then to remove it again in the next version...
    I requested 'Switch functionality' quite some time ago, it was added in the v.20 and then later got removed. I am still using v.20 in one of the devices because of the functionality. 

• Client has been updated as of today 05/01/2012. The first post has been edited.

While downloading I can see my PC name on my uTorrent Peers tab, is this normal?
  • While downloading I can see my PC name on my uTorrent Peers tab, is this normal?
    You might need to post that question on a bitorent forum.