Automatically re-connect after waking from sleep[Solved]

edited November 1 in General VPN Support Posts: 3
I connect using the PIA application, and the only issue is it won't automatically connect after the computer wakes from sleep. Is there a command line switch or anything I can use to force it to reconnect after wakeup? Thanks. Using windows 7.
Post edited by PIAKaneesha on

Comments

• Thanks for the feedback. I do have those boxes checked and a password for that administrator account. The network adapter is always on to enable wol too. I'll keep playing around with it though. Maybe there's a way in task scheduler to shut down the pia app on wakeup then a minute later start it back up again or something. Thanks for your time.
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 3
    Ok I think I solved this problem in a convoluted way for myself in case anyone else has the same issue. I added a command to windows task scheduler to stop that application pia_manager.exe everytime the computer wakes up. That program seems to restart itself and in the process reconnect to pia servers, just what I needed.

It's a bit tricky to automatically run an event on wakeup, but what worked for me is to begin the task>on an event>log:microsoft-windows-kernel-power/thermal-operational>Source: kernel-power>Event ID:42. Then, the action you trigger is start a program, with "c:\windows\system32\taskkill.exe" as the program and "/im pia-manager.exe /f" as the arguments.
    Post edited by systemofadonut on
  • I have this problem too in Windows 8.

Sometimes when my computer wakes from sleep the application won't connect to the servers. Also, when I quit the application from the tray it doesn't fully quit -- I have to go into task manager and force-quit all instances of pia_manager.exe then restart the application.
  • Ok I think I solved this problem in a convoluted way for myself in case anyone else has the same issue. I added a command to windows task scheduler to stop that application pia_manager.exe everytime the computer wakes up. That program seems to restart itself and in the process reconnect to pia servers, just what I needed.

It's a bit tricky to automatically run an event on wakeup, but what worked for me is to begin the task>on an event>log:microsoft-windows-kernel-power/thermal-operational>Source: kernel-power>Event ID:42. Then, the action you trigger is start a program, with "c:\windows\system32\taskkill.exe" as the program and "/im pia-manager.exe /f" as the arguments.
    worked like a charm, thanks!
    typo:
    should be "/im pia_manager.exe /f" in the arguments.
    Also, I recommend adding a second trigger >on workstation unlock>