The BBC iplayer is now blocking both UK PIA Servers

PIA London was flagging as outside the UK  ages ago.
From 2017.08.23 or so, the same thing has started happening with the PIA Southampton VPN

screen cap: http://imgur.com/a/womGg

Comments

I've been using both London and Southampton until,MOTD last Sunday. Couldn't get on to MOTD this week. ITV hub appears ok. C4 not sure...I may need to update the iPad app before I can definitely say.
    redwoody said:
    I've been using both London and Southampton until,MOTD last Sunday. Couldn't get on to MOTD this week. ITV hub appears ok. C4 not sure...I may need to update the iPad app before I can definitely say.
    I haven't been able to get BBC iPlayer since August 21, the IP was from London, as the Southampton IP stopped working earlier this year, now both locations are being blocked. Have tried all kinds of different settings from PIA, none work. I signed up for a free trial with another VNP/SmartDNS, and it worked straight away, MUST be PIA, they have been blocked. Still works on ITV Player and Channel 4 though.
  • dekfit said:
    redwoody said:
    I haven't been able to get BBC iPlayer since August 21, the IP was from London, as the Southampton IP stopped working earlier this year, now both locations are being blocked. Have tried all kinds of different settings from PIA, none work. I signed up for a free trial with another VNP/SmartDNS, and it worked straight away, MUST be PIA, they have been blocked. Still works on ITV Player and Channel 4 though.
    interesting that your experience is the exact mirror of mine!
    Anyway, the BBC says that if you are using a VPN they cannot know whether or not you are in the UK and so they block such addresses.
  • (The same issue affects get_iplayer of course)
  • You guys aren't the only ones having issues. There is another thread here with a bit more detail:
    https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/forum/discussion/24496/bbc-iplayer-being-blocked/p1

I have been having issues since august as well. Here is what I wrote in the other thread:

As of today BBC is still not working for me. I can connect to BBC and browse their content but can't play anything and will only connect in a private/incognito window. I have cleared my cookies and browsing data but I still can't play anything. When I am not using a private windows bbc gives me a 404 could not be found error. This has been happening since august I think. Channel 4/C4 and ITV still work but prefer BBC content sometimes due to no commercials.

If PIA doesn't fix this soon or improve their customer service when people are obviously having issues with this then it seems I might be moving to nordVPN like others have.
    Same here. started last week and now permanently blocked. my subscription is due up in 11 days and needless to say wont be renewing it if PIA can't give an assurity that they are going to resolve the problem.
    BBC iplayer blocked two weeks ago when I was in Poland. Now in Madeira and was available for  3 days. Now blocked again!
  • Yes I notice the same blocking when using BBC Player from Southhampton or London VPN connections,.are you going to be using more IPs to workaround this??
    Yes I notice the same blocking when using BBC Player from Southhampton or London VPN connections,.are you going to be using more IPs to workaround this??
    Not going to bother. Will find a more reliable provider when my subscription expires. Also can't get Sky Go on either ipad or android tablets. Gave up trying on ipad months ago but was able to get it on android until a few weeks ago. BT Sport also not available on ipad but can still get it on android tablet (at the moment).