If you are experiencing issues DNS resolution with the PIA App, we recommend manually assigning our DNS servers in your Network Adapter. You can do this using the following steps:
1. Disconnect the VPN
2. Right click on the icon for our VPN client, click Settings, click Network, select the drop-down menu under Name Servers and select Use Existing DNS.
3. Press the
Windows Key and the letter
R together to bring up the "Run" dialog box, then type the following command into the search box and press
4. In the Network Connections window that appears, locate the Ethernet/WiFi network adapter you connect to the internet with.
5. Select that network adapter, right-click it and choose
6. Under the Networking tab, select the TCP/IP(v4) and then click
7. Ensure that "Obtain an IP address automatically" is enabled
8. Change "Obtain DNS server address automatically" to "Use the following DNS server address."
18.104.22.168 for the Preferred DNS server
22.214.171.124 for the Alternate DNS server
11. Apply the changes by clicking
OK out of all available configuration windows.
You will need to reboot your computer for all the changes to fully take effect.
If you require further assistance with this, please feel free to reach out to the Support Team via support ticket. You can submit a ticket via the Contact Us tab above.