When the option 'Launch on System Startup' is selected in the interface on an administrative account, the application will start when logging in to the administrative account. This can also be invoked on a standard user account, but doing so requires taking the actions detailed below:
|1. First, be sure you have installed the PIA application, which can be found here: https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/pages/download|
|2. Log in to the account you would like to configure the PIA application to auto-start on.|
3. Open the PIA application and in the Settings > General tab of the application interface, select ‘Connect on Launch’.
|4. Close the PIA application|
|5. Open the Task Scheduler|
6. Click ‘Create Basic Task’
7. Title the task to indicate what it does, such as “PIA on Login”
|8. Click ‘Next’|
9. For the trigger select ‘When I log in’
|10. Click ‘Next’|
|11. For the action select ‘Start a Program’.|
12. Navigate to the location of the PIA client or type the file location as shown below.
|13. Click ‘Next’|
14. On the finish screen no further customization is required, click ‘Finish’.
|15. Close the task scheduler.|
Now, if you log in on this user account the PIA application will start and connect when possible.