This page links to all of the supported setup guides that we support. We support a number of different setups including our Stable Client , Legacy Client, stock OpenVPN, L2TP+PSK and PPTP (in order of how much we prefer each type of connection). Our router setups are located at the bottom of the page.
Here you we have provided you with a short overview of the setup information regarding each different application.
Stable/ Legacy Client
Our Stable and legacy Clients allow our users to connect to the VPN on Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS and Android Devices with up to 10 simultaneous connections at one time. Along with options to connect to over 3341 gateways over several protocols, ports, authentication, handshakes and encryption methods.
Upon purchasing our services our system will provide you with our clients standard account username beginning with ‘p’.
For more information about what versions of the above OS our client supports please review this article, and for more information about what encryption and authentication settings to use with our ports on our gateways, please review this article.
Our client supports OpenVPN on all of our gateways, with the same protocols, ports, authentication, handshakes and encryption methods as our standard client.
Our OpenVPN setup uses your standard account username beginning with 'p'.
L2TP+PSK / PPTP / SOCKS5
Our Client support L2TP+PSK, PPTP on all or our gateways and SOCKS5 on our Netherlands Server. These are supported on the standard L2TP/PPTP/SOCKS ports, and use the special 'x' username.
To get your 'x' username to use L2TP/PPTP/SOCKS5, access your Client Control Panel (CCP) here.
Within your CCP, scroll down until you find the subsection PPTP/L2TP/SOCKS5 Username and Password. Select the Regenerate Username and Password to generate the special protocols alternate 'x' username and password. Use these credentials when connecting via L2TP/PPTP/SOCKS protocols and you shouldn't have any trouble with them!
PIA Client / Extension Installer
You can find our clients direct installer for Windows / Mac / Linux / iOS / Android / and our Browser Extension within our Downloads page. Simply click on the relevant icon on this page.
Stable/ Legacy Client:
- Linux (systemd) - Installing the PIA App
- Linux - (Ubuntu) Installing the Legacy PIA App
- Linux - (Debian) Installing the Legacy PIA App
- Linux - (Arch) Installing the Legacy PIA App
- Linux - (Mint) Installing the Legacy PIA App
- Linux - (Ubuntu) Installing OpenVPN
- Linux - (Ubuntu) Installing OpenVPN through the Gnome Network Manager
- Linux - (Fedora) Installing OpenVPN
- Linux - (Robo) Installing OpenVPN
- Linux (systemd) - (Mate Desktop) Installing OpenVPN
- Linux - Installing OpenVPN through the Terminal
- Windows 7 - Setting up a L2TP Connection
- Windows 8.1 - Setting up a L2TP Connection
- Windows - Setting up a L2TP Connection
- Windows 7 - Setting up a PPTP Connection
- Windows 8.1 - Setting up a PPTP Connection
- Windows- Setting up a PPTP Connection