The PIA® Desktop Beta Program gives you early access to pre-release versions of the PIA client, and lets you provide feedback to help us make it even better. The current beta version contains great improvements, but is also still early in its testing. Only use it if you're aware of the risks that come with using beta software!
Note that the beta by design replaces your currently installed client. You will be able to downgrade back to a current release by following the instructions at the end of this page.
1. Open Settings, and navigate to the Help tab.
2. Check Receive Beta Updates.
3. Accept the beta agreement.
4. If a beta release is available, it will appear in the dashboard. Click Download.
5. After the download completes, click Install.
Removing the Beta Client
1. Open Settings, navigate to the Help tab, and uncheck Receive Beta Updates.
2. If you have a beta installed, the current release will appear in the dashboard. Click Download.
3. After the download completes, click Install.
If the beta client will not start, download the latest version and install it. This will replace the beta client. Then, turn off beta updates using the procedure above.