The PIA® Desktop and Mobile Beta Programs gives our users early access to pre-release versions of the PIA client and lets you provide feedback to help us make it even better. The current beta version contains great improvements but is also still early in its testing. Only use it if you're aware of the risks that come with using beta software!
Note: That the beta by design replaces your currently installed client. You will be able to downgrade back to a current release by following the instructions at the end of this page.
Installing the Beta Client
1. Go to the application's Settings, and navigate to the Help tab.
2. Check Receive Beta Updates.
3. Accept the beta agreement.
4. If a beta release is available, it will appear in the application dashboard. Click Download > Install
Removing the Beta Client
To remove the Beta application go back into the application's Settings> Help tab, and uncheck Receive Beta Updates. If you have a beta installed, the current stable release of our application will appear in the dashboard of your app, please select Download and then Install.
Manually Removing the Beta Client
If the beta client will not start, download the latest version of our application and install it. This will replace the beta client. Then, turn off beta updates using the procedure above.
For Mobile users who wish to join our Beta Program, please follow the below instructions:
1. Log into your Client Control Panel, located on the My Account page, here.
2. Once logged in on the right-hand side you will see the option to join our Desktop, Mobile, or Browser Extension Beta Programs. Select “Join Beta Program” for Mobile.
3. A new page will appear requesting you to accept our “PIA Software Program Agreement”
4. After accepting the Agreement you will be presented with the option for Android or iOS. Select your desired mobile device.
For iOS applications: you will be presented with information about the app called TestFlight. This application will assist in installing our beta application. Please carefully read the information provided in this section to properly install the Beta application.
If you decide to join the Desktop or Mobile beta program, please submit any issues or feedback to our beta support team at: