Once logged into the Customer Control Panel (CCP) customers can then access the Two-factor Authentication (2FA) system to enhance their security further. For user's to enable this feature, they will need to do the following.
1. Log into your account via the Customer Control Panel available at https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/pages/client-control-panel
2. Within your account, you will see the Two-factor Authentication option. You will need to enter your password to start activation.
3. After enabling Two-Factor, the system will then generate a QR code box that will allow you to enable your 2FA.
4. You can download any app that is designed to work with 2FA which will work by scanning a QR code. Once scanned the application will then provide you with a one-time password or code to use to enable your 2FA. You can utilise different 2FA applications including Google Authenticator.
5. After downloading any Authenticator application Scan the provide QR code within your CCP. Once scanned the application will then provide you with your one-time password which you will then enter into the confirm 2FA box.
6. Once you have verified with your one-time password or code. The system will then provide a series of recovery codes in case your 2FA needs to be reset or removed. Our email system will also send an email alerting that 2FA has been enabled.
7. If you choose to disable 2FA, you can do so from within the Customer Control Panel. Enter your password and a 2FA or Recovery Code to remove 2FA.