We have had users report that when the Network Management Tool is enabled, (added in v2.8.0) they experience a higher than normal loss of internet connectivity.
To address this issue you will need to uninstall and reinstall the PIA App using the instructions here.
Once you have uninstalled the application you will need to reset your network settings, by following these steps:
- Open the iOS device’s Settings and tap 'General'
2. Scroll down and tap ‘Reset’
3. Then tap 'Reset Network Settings'
After you have reset your network settings, you can then reinstall our application here.
Once our application is reinstalled on your devices please ensure that the following setting are configured on within your iOS device:
- Go to your phone’s Settings and click on the General tab
2. Scroll to the bottom and select VPN
3. Next to Private Internet Access, tap the ‘i’ icon
4. You will want to ensure that ‘Connect on Demand’ is selected.
Note: You may need to connect to the VPN for this option to appear.
Once this is complete the issue with losing internet while connected to the VPN should not occur. If you are still continuing to experience internet loss or connection issues, please contact our support team via the Contact Us link above.