Now that you have the VPN installed on your iOS devices, you may be interested in the settings and features available in the iOS application.
To access the iOS settings select the (3) horizontal lines in the top left corner.
Here you will be able to access several options such as: Region Selection, Account, Settings, Log out and more.
Once you are in the Settings menu you will be able to access and change several features depending on the protocols that your application is connecting to. Below we outline what each protocol’s settings are available and what they do.
The Protocol that you can connect to are: IPsec, OpenVPN and IKEv2
The protocol selected will change the settings that you can select.
IPsec settings: will only allow you to connect to our servers and change the application view to Dark Mode. IPsec is a secure network protocol suite that authenticates and encrypts the packets of data sent over an Internet Protocol network.
IKEv2 settings: will also only allow you to connect to our servers and change the application view to Dark Mode. IKEv2, is an advanced VPN protocol that provides a balance between security and speed but using UDP and port 500 for lower latency communication.
OpenVPN settings: will let you to connect to all of our servers, change ports, change encryption settings and send debug logs. OpenVPN gives the most flexibility when encountering connection issues as different Sockets and Port combinations can resolve them.
Please See below for the Setting Descriptions
Connection Only available using the OpenVPN protocol.
- Socket: Allows you to choose between UDP and TCP.
- Remote port: Allows you to select the remote port you want to use to connect to the VPN server. If you are unable to connect, test each remote port before continuing to troubleshoot.
Encryption Only available using the OpenVPN protocol.
- Data Encryption: Allows you to choose the cipher used to encrypt your traffic to the VPN server.
- Data Authentication: Allows you to choose the hash function used to authenticate your encrypted traffic.
- Handshake: Choose the handshake used to establish a secure connection between your device and our servers.
- Connect Siri Shortcut: Allows you to record a personalized phrase that allows Siri to tell our application to Connect.
- Disconnect Siri Shortcut: Allows you to record a personalized phrase that allows Siri to tell our application to Disconnect.
- Dark theme: Changes the color scheme to include a black background. Useful for saving power.
- VPN Kill Switch: Prevents access to the Internet if the VPN connection is reconnecting. This excludes disconnecting manually.
Network Management Tool:
Allows you to configure how our application will behave on Connections to WiFi or Cellular networks.
Within this tool you can select the application to protect over the following:
- Cellular Networks
- Wifi Networks
- All Networks
- Send Debug to Support: Allows you to send a Debug log to our support team in order for them to assist in troubleshooting issues. Only available using the OpenVPN protocol.
- Reset to Default Settings: Will reset all of the above settings to our default settings.
Safari Content Blocker
- Current State: On or off. You will be redirected to iOS Settings to enable or disable this feature.
- Refresh block list: Updates content blocking rules to their most recent version.