In order to connect to our service using one of the VPN methods we provide, please verify you can connect over these ports:
- For Our Stable Client:
- UDP ports 1194, 8080, 9201 and 53
- TCP ports 443, 110, and 80
- For OpenVPN:
- UDP ports 1194, 1197, 1198, 8080, 9201 and 53
- TCP ports 502, 501, 443, 110, and 80
- L2TP uses:
- UDP ports 500, 1701, and 4500
- IKEv2 uses:
- UDP ports 500
- PPTP uses:
- TCP ports 1723 or Protocol 47 (GRE)
If you can connect over any of those, you should be able to use at least one of our connection methods.
In addition, the PIA application pings our gateways over port 8888. This is used to connect you to the server with the lowest latency when you use the auto connect feature.
We also have more in-depth information on our OpenVPN ports including the protocols, settings and certificates that should be used with them in this article.