On the 23rd May 2018, Private Internet Access moved to a new Customer Support portal in alignment with our move to Open Source our software for greater transparency and visibility to maximise your security and privacy.
We moved from a dedicated, encrypted Zendesk deployment to a (again dedicated, encrypted) DeskPRO deployment. DeskPRO is used by a large range of both large and small technical companies and organisations including Microsoft, Capital One, the United Kingdom's National Health Service to name but a few. The DeskPRO code can be viewed and contributed to at their GitHub repository.
So Why Change?
We made the decision to move to open sourcing our software to demonstrate our commitment towards transparency and trust with the added aim to contribute towards the ongoing development of the privacy and security industries. We felt that in order to do this, someone had to make the first step and as such, we did!
In order to compliment this, we continue to migrate our internal tools to open source alternatives which again can be verified and audited to ensure the best possible security and privacy for our customers.
So What Changed?
- Feedback Section: The Feedback Section will allow our customers to easily file feature requests, suggestions and bug reports without the need to file ticket. Furthermore it will allow transparency to see what we accepted, what we're working as well as already deployed requests (aka successes).
- Guide Section: The Guide Section allows easy access to the latest guides which are updated by our Advanced Technical Agents to ensure the latest configurations are correct. The Advanced Technical Agents will continue to work with router firmware developers to also ensure setup configuration guides are correct when a new release is upcoming.
- Download Section: The Download Section is a repository of previous client builds and ovpn configuration settings.
- Ticket Submission: The new ticket submission forms require either technical setup information (for technical issues) or account identifier (for account and/or payment issues) which enable the Customer Support agents to quickly and accurately understand your issue leading to a faster resolution time overall and a better customer experience.
- Ticket Deferment: In order to improve the customer experience, the new support portal will automatically link to existing articles within the helpdesk if your ticket refers to the issue. This results in faster response time overall and a better customer experience.
- System Integrations: To ensure we are as well connected as possible, we have integrated our review and social media into the Customer Support Portal. This means that we can talk to our customers via a wider range of communication methods and review website to ensure a better customer experience.
- Privacy: All tickets will be deleted after being resolved for 60 days. For additional information, please see the new policy available here.
- Live Chat: Live Chat is currently planned to be enabled within the Customer Control Panel and will allow our Technical and Account agents to assist and resolve in real time with our customers.
- Phone Support: Phone Support is currently planned to be enabled (after Live Chat is launched and successful) and will allow our Technical and Account agents to assist and resolve in real time with our customers.
We hope our new support portal helps you find appropriate help information and get the support you're looking for, however if you find any dead links please let us know and we will fix them as a priority.