We are excited to announce that, this past week, we released a new version of our desktop application, v1.7. We have introduced some new and exciting features with this release, including the Shadowsocks proxy option and new commands for the Command Line Interface which was introduced in v1.6. We have, additionally, as noted in our sticky regarding CVE-2019-14899, made some additional security improvements. As always, our team has provided guides for these new features, which can be found here:
VPN Proxy Settings Article:
Below you can find the full changelog for this update:
- The Shadowsocks proxy setting can be used to redirect the VPN connection through a Shadowsocks region
- Added the 'piactl monitor' command
- Added the 'connectionstate' type to 'piactl get'
- Improved firewall rules on Linux to mitigate CVE-2019-14899 on affected distributions
- Improved handling of crashes caused by graphics drivers on Windows
- Fixed an issue preventing apps from being selected for App Exclusions on macOS 10.15
- Fixed an issue causing Windows 10 1507 / LTSB 2015 to restart on shutdown
As always, we welcome any feedback you may have regarding these new features. Many of the items implemented in this release are based on your feedback, so thanks so much for your support and continuing to offer us suggestions on how we can improve all of our releases.