I'm excited to announce that we have released a new version of our desktop application, v1.6. We have two new exciting features introduced in this release: VPN Snooze and the PIA Command Line Interface! We have added two guides to our knowledgebase that will assist in not just understanding these new features, but on how best they can be utilized.
VPN Snooze Guide:
The PIA Command Line Interface Guide:
Below you can find the changelog for this update:
- VPN Snooze allows temporarily disconnecting the VPN connection.
- Added "piactl" - a command-line interface to control the client.
- Connection loss is detected more quickly.
- Fixed issues in the App Exclusions feature that could occur when switching network connections.
- App Exclusions supports macOS 10.12.
- Fixed detection of the iptables version for some Linux distributions.
- App Exclusions is improved for listening sockets on Linux.
- The dashboard repositions correctly if the screen resolution changes on macOS.
- Fixed an issue that could cause long delays when the client starts on login.
- Security improvements.
As always, we welcome any feedback you might have! We are particularly excited about the introduction of the CLI and we are excited to hear your ideas about how we might further build on this feature.