PIA Dedicated IPs are issued using a dedicated IP token system. This essentially acts as a password to activate the specific dedicated IP that is purchased. The dedicated IP tokens are independent from PIA accounts and cannot be linked back to individual users. Dedicated IPs can be shared and multiple dedicated IPs can be purchased.
- To purchase a Dedicated IP, please sign into your Client Control Panel. Once signed in, the Dedicated IP section will be displayed below the Identity Guard tab.
- Dedicated IPs can be purchased for a duration of 1 month, 1 year, or 2 years.
- Once you have picked the duration for your Dedicated IP, you will need to complete the payment process and a popup will indicate if it was successful.
- Upon clicking the Redeem Dedicated IP button, you will be prompted to set up your Dedicated IP, indicated by the button at the top of the page.
- The first step will be to acknowledge that once you redeem your Dedicated IP token, it will only be available once and the section to redeem it will be gone for good once you leave the page.
- Once acknowledged, you will be prompted to pick from the available locations from the drop-down list that you would like to associate with your IP. This cannot be changed once the IP is redeemed.
- Following the location selection, your Dedicated IP token will be presented to you in a popup to save it as a .txt file.
- After it is saved, you will have options to copy, download, and print. Please note that it is crucial to save this information.
- Please save it in a location you will remember so you are able to access the token when you need to.
- You will be warned upon trying to leave the page to ensure you have taken measures to save your token. We will have no way to help you redeem it should you lose it.
Using your Dedicated IP:
- To begin using your Dedicated IP in the PIA client, navigate to the application settings where you will see a section for Dedicated IP.
- Clicking “Activate Dedicated IP” will bring up a window where you can enter the token you generated in the Client Control Panel covered in the steps above.
- After the token has been entered, click **OK **to complete the process. You should see the newly activated Dedicated IP in the box below.
- Your Dedicated IP will be located in the server selection menu. Like any other server, it can be added to your favorites for easy access but will not be chosen when connecting with the automatic option.