Step 1: App Store
Tap on the App Store
Step 2: Search for OpenVPN
Locate the OpenVPN Connect application in the Apple App Store
Step 3: Install Application
Step 4: Configuration Files
Once the application is installed close the app store and navigate to the Client Control Panel and select your operating system and the region you wish to connect to: https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/pages/ovpn-config-generator
Step 5: Open Config’s (6 parts)
- After you have chosen the region that you wish to connect to Tap Generate.
- Then tap the blue/grey arrow at the top right of the browser and tap on the file.
- Tap the box with the arrow at the top right of the screen.
- When you see a list of apps, scroll over until you see the more option if OpenVPN is not among the apps presented.
- Scroll down and tap the option to Copy to OpenVPN.
- This should then open the OpenVPN app. You should see an option to add or delete. Add the location
Step 6: Terms of Services
You will be prompted to agree to the Terms of Service for the OpenVPN Connect app if you have not opened the application yet, you must tap AGREE in order to use the application
Step 7: Import Profile
Next you will then see the list of available servers or regions that you have selected from the above web page ready to be imported into the application. Select ADD
Step 8: Login
Enter in your PIA Username (This was provided to you upon account creation and is always in the format of p1234567) and password into the profile information.
Make sure to check Save password this will make sure that the login information is saved, otherwise you will be prompted to input your password every time you connect
Step 9: Allow Connection
Tap Yes to allow the VPN connection to start
Step 10: Passcode
You will be prompted to enter in your iOS passcode to add the VPN configuration to the application.
Note: this is asking for your phone password not your PIA information
Step 11: Connect
You will now see the imported server or region listed within the main OVPN profiles page. Locate the region that you wish to connect to and Tap the connect button to establish the VPN connection
Step 12: Establish Connection
Tap Yes to establish the OpenVPN connection
You can confirm the security of your connection by visiting the PIA website and looking at the banner on the top of the page