By default, Private Internet Access blocks all SMTP ports to prevent our service being abused to send spam email. Customers may request to be placed on the whitelist in order to send email.
As part of the whitelisting process, you will be required to verify once per month that the contact email is valid. This is done by an automated single message per month containing a link which will need to be clicked.
In order to be placed on the SMTP whitelist, a user must:
- Contact Customer Support requesting SMTP whitelisting
- Provide the hostname/IP address for the SMTP Server requesting whitelisting
- Provide their username and 7 digit order number
- Ensure that the SMTP server is not an open relay
- Provide a point of contact name
- Provide a contact email address
- Be a customer 6 months or longer
- Click the once per month verification email
Our systems will send an email once per month to ensure the contact email address is valid. If the link within the email is not clicked, your IP will be automatically removed from the SMTP whitelist.
For clarity, we automatically whitelist the following mail providers (due to spam filtering within the host provider):
- Outlook (Hotmail)
Please Note: Only one IP per account will be whitelisted.