We are pleased to announce the release of the latest version of our desktop client v2.4.0. The following changelog highlights the functionality and UI improvements from this release.
- Windows hardware acceleration now uses Direct3D 11 instead of OpenGL
- PIA on Windows now requires Windows 8 or later
- Split tunnel app rules on Linux now also split DNS traffic
- Routed packets on Linux are now protected by the PIA killswitch (includes most containers and VMs)
- Split tunnel can now bypass routed packets on Linux
- Fixed a crash on macOS caused by changing screen layouts
- Fixed an issue causing installation to hang in some cases on macOS
As always, should you experience any issues with v2.4.0, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our support team via our 24/7 chat option or via ticket, here: https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/helpdesk/new-ticket
We would like to, additionally, recognize the team at Sick.Codes for their assistance with helping our teams identify a Docker Container issue with the application.