Product Update: PIA Releases Updated Mobile Apps
We want to make sure our apps always give you the best possible online privacy and security, and we’ve been hard at work making sure they’re better than ever. We are thrilled to announce the release of our Android and iOS updates, Android v3.21.0 and Apple v3.23.1, the latest and greatest versions of our apps. These updates address several minor bugs and should improve your overall experience.
What’s New in Android v3.21.0?
- System startup fix. We’ve fixed an issue with Launch on System Startup. In some instances, the application would connect, but the UI wouldn’t update to show you that your connection was active. We’ve fixed this so you always know when you’re connected.
- Automation update. We’ve updated Automation to prioritize the connection decisions you make over our predefined rules. This gives you more control over how the app functions.
- App resizing disabled. We’ve temporarily disabled application resizing due to layout issues that were reported throughout the application. If you’ve been experiencing layout issues, this shouldn’t be a problem anymore.
- Scrolling fix. Some people observed duplicated dashboard cells after scrolling, but we’re working on improving this. We’ve introduced a potential fix, so please reach out if you’re still seeing cell duplication when scrolling.
- Malaysian flag. You may have noticed the flag was missing from our Malaysia server location. We’ve introduced the Malaysian flag to the list of regions to make sure our app is as user-friendly as possible.
What’s New in Apple v3.23.1?
- Wi-Fi warnings. We’ve added a warning to let you know when you’re connected to an unsecured Wi-Fi network. This will ensure you can protect your phone wherever you are.
- Leak protection. We discovered that the leak protection feature was causing connection issues on OpenVPN and WireGuard, so we’ve temporarily disabled it for these two protocols. It’s still available for IKEv2.
How to Get the Update
If you’re an existing PIA user, simply update the app through the Google Play Store or Apple Store to access these new features. If you haven’t started using PIA yet, you can buy PIA VPN now and enjoy a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Help Us Improve
Your feedback is invaluable to us. If you encounter any issues or have suggestions for future updates, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our support team to share your thoughts.
Thank you for choosing Private Internet Access for your online privacy needs. We’re committed to delivering the best VPN experience and will continue to work towards further updates to address your needs and enhance your security and anonymity.